• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder Woman 1984 - Craptastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Wonder Woman 1984 - Craptastic.
      Ugh. Yeah, that was turrble. I want those minutes back to drunk Scotch with Sour Masher.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Ugh. Yeah, that was turrble. I want those minutes back to drunk Scotch with Sour Masher.
        It’s gotta be up there with Green Lantern, Daredevil & Batman and Robin as the worst superhero movies made.

Comment

It’s gotta be up there with Green Lantern, Daredevil & Batman and Robin as the worst superhero movies made.
          You just had to mention Batman and Robin.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Movie spree (like the rest of the world) in the last few months. Some flicks I caught:

El Camino --- Breaking Bad sequel-ish movie following the exploits of Jesse following the events of the TV show. I thought this was just outstanding. It was bleak, certainly, in parts but that's not a big surprise for BB fans. It's pretty much a two hour episode of one of the very best shows ever to have graced the screen. Highly recommended and really well-acted and immersive. 9/10

Deadwood --- Another movie made out of one of the best TV shows of all time. My experience with this one was weird. I tried to watch it a few months back and only got 15 minutes into it and turned it off. I couldn't remember who the hell the characters were, had a hard time understandinng what the hell they were saying, and felt like it just generally plodded along and didn't catch my attention. I decided to go back and watch the whole thing and hoo boy I'm glad I did. What a payoff. This movie picks up momentum as it goes and gets better and better. Another amazing follow up for an all-timer of a show. 9/10

Wonder Woman 1984 --- Uh, not good. The premise was stupid, the bad guy was ridiculous ("Say it. You raped her. You murdered her. You killed her children!"), and I practically injured myself rolling my eyes so hard. My kid liked it. My wife liked it. I liked it as much as rubbing Tabasco on my nuts. 2/10

And now I've watched about 373,492 movies with Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler, as that's right in my kid's wheelhouse. Those movies were stupid enough the first time around. They haven't aged well.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              Wonder Woman 1984 --- Uh, not good. The premise was stupid, the bad guy was ridiculous ("Say it. You raped her. You murdered her. You killed her children!"), and I practically injured myself rolling my eyes so hard. My kid liked it. My wife liked it. I liked it as much as rubbing Tabasco on my nuts. 2/10
              As much as I find Gal Gadot to be pretty hot, I just don't find her to be a believable actress. Not sure what it is exactly -- maybe she's too pretty, or maybe it's the Israeli accent, I don't know. I think that's part of why I found it to be awful. And it's certainly not that I don't like female superheroes, as Captain Marvel was excellent.

Comment

As much as I find Gal Gadot to be pretty hot, I just don't find her to be a believable actress. Not sure what it is exactly -- maybe she's too pretty, or maybe it's the Israeli accent, I don't know. I think that's part of why I found it to be awful. And it's certainly not that I don't like female superheroes, as Captain Marvel was excellent.
                The first Wonder Woman was really great, especially that scene where she charges across the battlefield on her own. The second one was just awful all around. Outside of a couple Batmans, the DC movies are just kinda shitty compared to the Marvel ones.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I just watched one of the weirdest movies I have ever seen, and that includes Dadaist and Surrealist films of the the 20s and 30s. The movie is called Pyscho Goreman and was clearly the fevered dream of a Power Rangers fan who wanted to stick it to the oppressive forces of church and state, and was high as a kite during the entire creation process. Either that, or it was the vanity project of a spoiled rich kid who wanted to make an ode to not being told what to do. I don't know.

My wife absolutely HATED it, but she always picks the movie and picked this one, because she thought I'd like it and it is my birthday in a couple of days. She is firm in her opinion that is is by far the worst movie she has ever seen. I sort of enjoyed it .

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Free Solo was pretty incredible.
                    Free Solo was really gripping and compelling in a very quiet way - great stuff

Disney Plus

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post

Disney Plus
                      Nice, I'll have to watch it again with my daughters.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post

Disney Plus
                        I agree with this. It led me to watch 50 more climbing documentaries trying to find another one like it.

Comment

• Yup, I've already applied:

(CNN)You've been binge-watching television and movies the whole pandemic. Might as well get paid for it.

In yet another job that encourages you to essentially do nothing, the website Nerd Bear wants to pay someone $1,000 to watch all 24 James Bond movies in 30 days.

The website says it hopes the gig will keep fans going as they wait for the franchise's 25th film, No Time to Die. The movie is set to be released this fall after multiple postponements due to -- you guessed it -- the coronavirus pandemic.
                          "With many people either shielding or distancing, we thought this competition would not only bring back happy memories but also help someone pass the time during the lockdown," Nerd Bear founder Amar Hussain told CNN.
                          Watching all 24 movies will take more than two straight days, or around 51 hours.

But, hey, what else are you doing anyway?

The winner will receive a $100 Amazon gift card to rent the movies and have to complete a worksheet while watching them.
                          You’ve been binge-watching television and movies the whole pandemic. Might as well get paid for it.

Comment

• I re-watched a favourite this week. I actually set up a discord channel to watch movies while chatting with friends (chat windows in the corner, able to makes jokes and share the experience), and that was a really nice way to connect.

World's Greatest Dad is a really interesting black comedy and character piece for Robin Williams. It's directed by my favourite director, Bobcat Goodthwait. One of Robin Williams' best performances, and I felt like he really embodied the flawed parent and teacher he played.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Seaspiracy on Netflix. Nomadland. Cherry.

the first is a documentary, not my thing , but good. the other two, just are excellent.
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Godzilla vs Kong on HBO Max today. Watched it with the kids, who were anxious to see it. It was surprisingly better than I had thought it would be.

Comment

Working...
                                X