No announcement yet.

It's Back: Exceelent Movies I've Seen Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've watched a couple other movies in the last little while that were pretty good for families with young-ish kids.

The Millers versus the Machines - Really great! This was a pretty nice surprise. Lots and lots of aggrieved teenager themes going on but it was extremely entertaining.

Luca - It was a decent enough way to fill a couple hours. Not terribly original but a nice and easy popcorn movie. Not as good as The Millers, though.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      Fanboys gonna fanboy

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Yeah I almost skipped it after hearing consistently negative feedback, but I agree it was pretty decent.
        Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        Yes, it's everyone else who is wrong.
        In retrospect, what a weird comment. Were you replying to ... yourself about everyone else being wrong??

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          In retrospect, what a weird comment. Were you replying to ... yourself about everyone else being wrong??
          What's weird? I heard/saw negative comments from multiple sources so I hesitated seeing it the theater. My low expectations probably allowed me to enjoy it more.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

What's weird? I heard/saw negative comments from multiple sources so I hesitated seeing it the theater. My low expectations probably allowed me to enjoy it more.
            Bene’s comment to me was odd… because like you say the majority of comments from multiple sources are negative. So his comment is more against his own viewpoint than against mine

Comment

Bene’s comment to me was odd… because like you say the majority of comments from multiple sources are negative. So his comment is more against his own viewpoint than against mine
              Ah I misunderstood since you had bolded my comment.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Ah I misunderstood since you had bolded my comment.
                Plus I’m an angry elf

Comment

Plus I’m an angry elf
                  I need to connect you with one of my buddies who calls himself 'The Fat Elf'.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Downton Abbey: A New Era was very good, better than the first movie.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Saw an exceelent Indian film called RRR, streaming on Netflix right now. Subtitled, (I'm not sure if there's a dubbed version), but really incredible production values. It's like an Indian Marvel movie, 3 hour epic, action packed, and great drama, betrayals, and surprisingly few songs. I think only 3 song and dance numbers, but they're all fucking great. Also really fun anti-Colonialism messaging with the British as the bad guys, and the Indian people as the good guys. I gave it 4.5 on letterboxd.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Top Gun: Maverick was a helluva ride.
                        Yes Sir!

Mrs. Gregg and I just got back from seeing it. So much fun!

I liked it much much better than the first one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          I liked it much much better than the first one.
                          Woah, really?

I thought it did a good job in trying to live up to the 1st one, but the 1st movie was much better in my opinion. That's not a knock on Maverick, but Top Gun is great.

Comment

Woah, really?

I thought it did a good job in trying to live up to the 1st one, but the 1st movie was much better in my opinion. That's not a knock on Maverick, but Top Gun is great.
                            Agree with this assessment.

And
                            Spoiler!
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                              Agree with this assessment.

And
                              Spoiler!

Kind of funny. I actually thought they set that part up pretty well.

Comment

Woah, really?

I guess I should watch the first one again. It has been many years since I have. It is not a movie that I have had desire to re-watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X