Page 196 of 197 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 1963

Thread: It's Back: Exceelent Movies I've Seen Lately

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Watched Nobody with my wife and youngest adult daughter. We all had a good time.

Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul) played the lead. He was worth the price of admission all by himself.

Great action with some dark humor. I like to watch movies to be entertained and this certainly was entertaining.

This will be one of those movies that I will stop on when channel surfing.
    Saw this on a plane
    Thought it was very well done
    Exceelent for sure
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Are you speaking in haiku?
    I believe I am
    Required format I believe
    Maybe I am wrong?
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---nothing to see nothing to say nothing to do

Hall of Famer
    We watched Val last night.

If you are a Kilmer fan it is an emotional rollercoaster ride.

It is not a feel good movie, but it sure is interesting.

I do recommend it. I may watch it again with my daughter who is at the front end of her own acting career. I think there are lessons to be learned. I also would like to hear her perspective on it.

Cry Macho = Cry Stinko

Actually, I have no idea. I gave up on it after 30 minutes, just after some hottie threw herself at the 175 year old Clint Eastwood.

"White Heat"

James Cagney can be the most terrifying actor in history. In this movie and "Public Enemy", his character is downright scary.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
    "White Heat"

James Cagney can be the most terrifying actor in history. In this movie and "Public Enemy", his character is downright scary.
    Two Exceelent movies to be sure.

Finally saw “The Many Saints of Newark” last night after an 18-month delay. Total Meh-ness. The entire plot revolved around Christopher’s dad and his former henchman, and while many of the Sopranos characters were quite unique during the series, some of these prequel counterparts resembled annoying caricatures -- especially Silvio Dante. Besides providing for some Mad Men-ish historical backdrops, I'm not sure what the race riots of Newark in 1967 had to do with this story at all, and not sure why they made the Harold character a major plot focus, as he obviously never appeared in The Sopranos at all.

The final plot twist basically said to the viewer that the previous two hours were a waste of time. And quite frankly, I for one don't see how the telling of these events "made" Tony Soprano into the crime boss he was.

5.5 out of 10.

"House on Haunted Hill" - starting the Halloween horror fest.

I love these B&W movies. While not really scary, the atmosphere is fantastic!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Hall of Famer
    Mrs. Gregg and I watched Halloween Party last night.

We had a blast! Sleeper of the season so far. Honestly, we think the reviewers just needed to be snooty on this one. Low budget, but great acting on the lead characters. Has a good creep factor.

Well worth the hour and thirty five minutes spent. Oh and for our added enjoyment we had a real thunder storm pass through booming at just the right times.

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Finally saw “The Many Saints of Newark” last night after an 18-month delay. Total Meh-ness. The entire plot revolved around Christopher’s dad and his former henchman, and while many of the Sopranos characters were quite unique during the series, some of these prequel counterparts resembled annoying caricatures -- especially Silvio Dante. Besides providing for some Mad Men-ish historical backdrops, I'm not sure what the race riots of Newark in 1967 had to do with this story at all, and not sure why they made the Harold character a major plot focus, as he obviously never appeared in The Sopranos at all.

The final plot twist basically said to the viewer that the previous two hours were a waste of time. And quite frankly, I for one don't see how the telling of these events "made" Tony Soprano into the crime boss he was.

5.5 out of 10.
    It's funny, the more I discuss this movie with others, the more I decide it was worse than I thought.

I'd drop it to a 4.75 out of 10, given the fact they had 14 years to come up with something far superior to this.