It's Back: Exceelent Movies I've Seen Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Green Book was phenomenal, best movie of the year IMO.
    I am taking my parents to see it next week. I've read a little about it. The reviews have been very good so far. But Don Shirley's family doesnt like it, thinks it's patronizing. I'll see for myself.

Comment

• I enjoyed the movies Bohemian Rhapsody and Robin Hood.
      “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
        I enjoyed the movies Bohemian Rhapsody and Robin Hood.
        That Errol Flynn is quite the dish

Comment

• I saw "Green Book" today. As a movie, I thought it was just OK, altho it's getting mentioned for possible Oscars. But I really liked the story. A white guy and a black guy from completely different backgrounds that not only managed to not only get along under very trying circumstances but helped each other, became friends and remained so for the rest of their lives. I found it very touching. I've been familiar w some of Don Shirley's music for a long time but I never knew that he was as accomplished and educated as he was.

Also, FYI, I find it hard to believe that neither of my parents (both African-American) who grew up in and spent their early adult lives in segregation had ever even heard of the actual "Green Book" before.

Comment

• Saw the spiderverse movie last night. Absolutely amazing, never seen anything like it. Watershed moment in animation. I follow a lot of animators and illustrators on Twitter, and every one of them has been flipping out over it. I’ll probably see it a second time, if it stays in the theaters for another week
            people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
              Saw the spiderverse movie last night. Absolutely amazing, never seen anything like it. Watershed moment in animation. I follow a lot of animators and illustrators on Twitter, and every one of them has been flipping out over it. I’ll probably see it a second time, if it stays in the theaters for another week
              Wait... you paid to go to a movie in the theater? I opened your post exciting a review of some nature documentary from 1978 that you found on beta at a swap meet. Someone gave you gift cards for Christmas right?

Also saw this yesterday. Fantastic stuff.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                Wait... you paid to go to a movie in the theater? I opened your post exciting a review of some nature documentary from 1978 that you found on beta at a swap meet. Someone gave you gift cards for Christmas right?

Also saw this yesterday. Fantastic stuff.
                Did you just call Scott a tightarse?

Comment

• $10 per ticket, $5 per drink, exactly double what I pay here in the boonies. But the kids loved it, my daughter wanted to immediately start designing spider characters

I’ve also been watching a lot of old movies at home. The Invisible Man is fantastic - James Whale directed it , right before making Bride of Frankenstein. The House on Haunted Hill (Vincent Price) was pretty bad. The Last Man On Eartg was slow, then brutally grim, then had a trrrific finish - I’d describe it as a long Twilight Zone episode with Vincent Price. The book (I am legend) must be terrific. And Vincent Price tossing smoke bombs is the best
                  people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    Did you just call Scott a tightarse?
                    Nah, I feel like that's a more external thing... scott is an incredibly generous person... just... personally frugal? Pretty sure his personal entertainment budget for the year is $100... the entry into PONY.

The last time I saw him, he was parking 6 blocks from our hotel because it was half the price in the public parking lot vs. parking in the hotel parking structure... I might do the same, except we were all expensing that cost back to the company. Scott just did it on principle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                      $10 per ticket, $5 per drink, exactly double what I pay here in the boonies. But the kids loved it, my daughter wanted to immediately start designing spider characters

I’ve also been watching a lot of old movies at home. The Invisible Man is fantastic - James Whale directed it , right before making Bride of Frankenstein. The House on Haunted Hill (Vincent Price) was pretty bad. The Last Man On Eartg was slow, then brutally grim, then had a trrrific finish - I’d describe it as a long Twilight Zone episode with Vincent Price. The book (I am legend) must be terrific. And Vincent Price tossing smoke bombs is the best
                      Yikes! I paid less than that (matinee) and no way am I springing for drinks at a theater!

Can I also just take this moment to mention what a shit product MoviePass has become!?!? I need to make sure mine isn't renewed for the new year.

Comment

Nah, I feel like that's a more external thing... scott is an incredibly generous person... just... personally frugal? Pretty sure his personal entertainment budget for the year is $100... the entry into PONY.

The last time I saw him, he was parking 6 blocks from our hotel because it was half the price in the public parking lot vs. parking in the hotel parking structure... I might do the same, except we were all expensing that cost back to the company. Scott just did it on principle.
                        Yeah, you better apologize!

I got rid of my car because I was sick of wasting time and money parking the F*****r. Cycle everywhere these days (within reason) ... which also means I don't have to pay for (or indeed go to) the gym. Every time I go to the gym I literally feel my life slipping away. What a waste of life.

Comment

Yikes! I paid less than that (matinee) and no way am I springing for drinks at a theater!

Can I also just take this moment to mention what a shit product MoviePass has become!?!? I need to make sure mine isn't renewed for the new year.
                          Canceled mine last month, totally ridiculous how terrible they've become.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Bird Box on Netflix is very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Bird Box on Netflix is very good.
                              We watched it yesterday. Agree it was very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Bird Box on Netflix is very good.
                                Really? Heard nothing but negative stuff. have to check it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X