Page 179 of 181 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181 LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1808

Thread: It's Back: Exceelent Movies I've Seen Lately

  1. #1781
    Journeyman Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4,536
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Agreed. It was almost like it was a parody of the earlier John Wicks. It started out fine, but then got progressively laughable. The final scene, where he's shot 4 or 5 times before falling off a 10-story building, hitting everything along the way down, and basically getting up and walking away, was just too much.
    spoiler alert

  2. #1782
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    19,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    spoiler alert
    LOL, some movies, you just shouldn't care....

    I have to admit I'm shocked it gets a 90% Critic Rating on Rotten Tomatoes....

  3. #1783
    Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Steve 2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Just ask Kathleen.
    Didn't drag Kathleen to this one.
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

    "It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

    "I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

  4. #1784
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    29,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
    Didn't drag Kathleen to this one.
    Valerie liked it much better than Gregg did.

  5. #1785
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    29,067
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    LOL, some movies, you just shouldn't care....

    I have to admit I'm shocked it gets a 90% Critic Rating on Rotten Tomatoes....
    What?! I am shocked as well. One and Two were so so much better.

  6. #1786
    All Star Sour Masher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    5,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    What?! I am shocked as well. One and Two were so so much better.
    I think people who liked it assume that it leaned into the absurdity on purpose. They are okay with the escalation of the character arc to absurd levels is fun/purposeful self-parody. I don't really agree with that. I agree it jumped the shark. I have that same problem with lots of works though--you start off with a super bad-ass character, and sometimes you up it so much, it just gets silly. In fact, a great example of that is the show from which the phrase "jumping the shark" came from. The Fonz started off as a cool side character, but he got built up so much, it just got absurd.

  7. #1787
    Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Teenwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Thunder Bay, ON, CAN
    Posts
    2,403
    Returning my dvd copy along with my man card... I really enjoyed What Men Want. It's the spiritual sequel to What Women Want, the Mel Gibson-Helen Hunt rom-com.

    It's a mostly black cast, and a totally dumb popcorn flick, but I loved it. The dumb mens' thoughts made me laugh my ass off.

    Wifey only thought it was okay, so perhaps I'm on an island with this one.


  8. #1788
    Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Steve 2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Teenwolf View Post
    Returning my dvd copy along with my man card... I really enjoyed What Men Want. It's the spiritual sequel to What Women Want, the Mel Gibson-Helen Hunt rom-com.

    It's a mostly black cast, and a totally dumb popcorn flick, but I loved it. The dumb mens' thoughts made me laugh my ass off.

    Wifey only thought it was okay, so perhaps I'm on an island with this one.

    If you enjoyed it, that's all that matters. Life is too fucking short to worry about what other people think of your choices. Keep your man card.
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

    "It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

    "I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

  9. #1789
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    29,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
    If you enjoyed it, that's all that matters. Life is too fucking short to worry about what other people think of your choices. Keep your man card.
    I agree.

    I also think that I better expect some good natured teasing if I chose to share it on a Fantasy Baseball site. So if you girls want to enjoy chick flicks I will tease you about your man card...as soon as I am done practicing my Dirty Dancing steps.

  10. #1790
    Journeyman Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    I agree.

    I also think that I better expect some good natured teasing if I chose to share it on a Fantasy Baseball site. So if you girls want to enjoy chick flicks I will tease you about your man card...as soon as I am done practicing my Dirty Dancing steps.
    Are we allowed to have man cards in 2019? Shouldn't it be "card which aligns most closely with the stereotypical traits associated with individuals who identify as cisgender male"?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •