No announcement yet.

It's Back: Exceelent Movies I've Seen Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quentin Tarantino has hit a home run with Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Loved everything about this movie. Of course it is right in my wheelhouse for all things nostalgic.

Quentin used history to his advantage to build tension for the big scene. Well done Quentin well done. DiCaprio should be up for an Oscar. Maybe Pitt for supporting.

I was a bit skeptical going in. I came out with so much more. My wife and I had a great time!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Quentin Tarantino has hit a home run with Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Loved everything about this movie. Of course it is right in my wheelhouse for all things nostalgic.

Quentin used history to his advantage to build tension for the big scene. Well done Quentin well done. DiCaprio should be up for an Oscar. Maybe Pitt for supporting.

I was a bit skeptical going in. I came out with so much more. My wife and I had a great time!
      Agreed, excellent!
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Saw Rocketman last night. Very disappointed. I'm not a fan of musicals, with most of the ones I've seen eliciting an eye-rolling response, and I was surprised that this movie is, in fact, a musical. I really wanted to shut it off after 15 minutes, but I held out, and not sure I was rewarded. Taron Egerton was awesome, however. But Bryce Dallas Howard as his British mom?

Comment

• Finally got around to watching Screwball, a documentary about the MLB/Biogenesis scandal involving Arod, Manny Ramirez, & Dr. Tony Bosch. I found it to be both incredibly interesting and funny. Funny enough to warrant a second viewing IMO.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Joker was meh.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• "Big Man Japan", currently on Shudder, has a perfect first act. My wife loved it too. It's very different, to say the least.
              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Joker was meh.
                Yeah, not worth the negative hand wringing, but also not all the great. Phoenix was great, but the story as a whole, not so much, especially the retconning of Thomas Wayne as a jerk.

I will say that most of the negatives about the Arthur Fleck being not awe-inspiring as "THE Joker" will be easily dealt with by having him the precursor/inspiration for the Joker Batman grows up to fight. They are clearly not the same Joker, given the age differences.
                Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-12-2019, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Joker was meh.
                  I did not enjoy Joker but I'm not sure I'm in the target demographic. Damn thing was dark, dark, dark.

I can't tell if it was good or not. Just not my kind of movie.
                  “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post

I can't tell if it was good or not.
                    Just ask Kathleen.

Comment

John Wick 3 was not excellent.

I very much enjoyed the first two. This one was just too over the top. Some of the fight scenes lasted too long and some were too far out even in John Wick World. One should not get bored with fight scenes.

All was not lost. There were some fun scenes and new tricks. It was okay but I wanted it to be exceelent and it was not.
                      Agreed. It was almost like it was a parody of the earlier John Wicks. It started out fine, but then got progressively laughable. The final scene, where he's shot 4 or 5 times before falling off a 10-story building, hitting everything along the way down, and basically getting up and walking away, was just too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Agreed. It was almost like it was a parody of the earlier John Wicks. It started out fine, but then got progressively laughable. The final scene, where he's shot 4 or 5 times before falling off a 10-story building, hitting everything along the way down, and basically getting up and walking away, was just too much.
                        spoiler alert

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          spoiler alert
                          LOL, some movies, you just shouldn't care....

I have to admit I'm shocked it gets a 90% Critic Rating on Rotten Tomatoes....

Comment

Just ask Kathleen.
                            Didn't drag Kathleen to this one.
                            “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                              Didn't drag Kathleen to this one.
                              Valerie liked it much better than Gregg did.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                LOL, some movies, you just shouldn't care....

I have to admit I'm shocked it gets a 90% Critic Rating on Rotten Tomatoes....
                                What?! I am shocked as well. One and Two were so so much better.

Comment

Working...
                                X