It's Back: Exceelent Movies I've Seen Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hacko View Post
    The Other Guys -- horribly unfunny. It's mildly amusing that I expect more out of Mark Wahlberg. Eva Mendes' copious rack is the best part of the flick.
    You are right a really bad movie - But it was so bad it started to make me laugh. WHile i will never watch it again I did find myself laughing at the movie not with it[/QUOTE]

I was expecting it to be very bad. I was actually pleasantly surprised. I found myself laughing.

In perspective I thought that this was twice as funny as Dumb and Dumber.

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
      The Other Guys -- horribly unfunny. It's mildly amusing that I expect more out of Mark Wahlberg. Eva Mendes' copious rack is the best part of the flick.
      You are right a really bad movie - But it was so bad it started to make me laugh. WHile i will never watch it again I did find myself laughing at the movie not with it[/QUOTE]

If you go in with low expectations, then this movie will meet or exceed them. Not awful but certainly not a classic either and yes, Eva Mendes is likely the best thing about this movie.

Comment

Saw The American last night. Itttttttt waaaaaaaas aaaaaaaaaas sloooooooooooow assssssssssss mooolaaaaaaaaaaasssssessssss.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Saw The American last night. Itttttttt waaaaaaaas aaaaaaaaaas sloooooooooooow assssssssssss mooolaaaaaaaaaaasssssessssss.
          Which worked well as Revo was able to really develop his erotic fantasies about George Clooney... NTTAWWT
          "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
            Which worked well as Revo was able to really develop his erotic fantasies about George Clooney... NTTAWWT
            You have to admit, he is pretty hunky.

Comment

was bored last night so I went to see The Green Hornet. I expected it to be bad, but I didn't expect it to be nearly as annoying as it was. Seth Rogan was not sympathetic in the least and I was rooting for him to get hurt/killed for a good part of the movie. Not even slightly exceelent.
              Last edited by heyelander; 02-17-2011, 09:19 PM.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

No you are wrong, it was slower than that.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                  No you are wrong, it was slower than that.
                  You're right, it was. I couldn't believe it took half the movie, about one hour, to just build the damned gun. The movie would've been great if they went from the opening scene to the final scene, and cut out the 90 minutes in between.

Comment

You're right, it was. I couldn't believe it took half the movie, about one hour, to just build the damned gun. The movie would've been great if they went from the opening scene to the final scene, and cut out the 90 minutes in between.
                    Agree that it was very slow, but I actually loved the whole building of the gun sequence. Especially the way he built the silencer. Pretty sweet.

I think I have a fair amount of patience as a viewer, but my limit was tested with The American. Not a terrible film, just slow.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                      Agree that it was very slow, but I actually loved the whole building of the gun sequence. Especially the way he built the silencer. Pretty sweet.

I think I have a fair amount of patience as a viewer, but my limit was tested with The American. Not a terrible film, just slow.
                      Yeah, I didn't think it was terrible -- the story was actually quite good. But the director went way overboard with the film noir and the spaghetti western emphasis and lost the whole movie.

Comment

just saw Machete -- a naked Lindsay Lohan; a naked Jessica Alba; a scantily clad Michelle Rodriguez; Don Johnson; Cheech Marin; Steven Seagal; Robert DeNiro; gatling guns on low riders; decapitations; senseless violence; it's total 70s B-movie heaven.

Comment

Saw a really good little indy film today, Whip It. Here's the netflix description...

Escaping her smothering mother's (Marcia Gay Harden) beauty pageant plans for her, small-town Texas teen Bliss (Ellen Page) joins an all-girl roller derby team in Austin and begins living a thrilling double life as Babe Ruthless -- a life that might catch up with her. Drew Barrymore makes her directorial debut and plays fellow teammate Smashley Simpson in this smart coming-of-age tale. Kristen Wiig, Juliette Lewis, Eve and Jimmy Fallon co-star.
                          Just a really good movie, nothing that will change your life, but a good cast and a tight script.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

i'm sure this was covered in the old thread, but i just watched _Inception_ for the first time, and really liked it. the timing was a bit off between the levels, but still very good.

interesting thing about _Despicable Me_, i liked it, my wife and kids didn't like it at all. ah well, no accounting for taste!

another that was probably in the old thread is _There Will Be Blood_. just saw it a couple of weeks ago on dish. exceelent indeed...
                            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              Saw a really good little indy film today, Whip It. Here's the netflix description...

Just a really good movie, nothing that will change your life, but a good cast and a tight script.
                              Entertaining, I enjoyed it also.

The King's Speech: awesome, nuff said

Comment

Took an eHarmony date to see Black Swan. I thought it was fantastic. She hated it. She actually left her seat while Natalie Portman was getting her box eaten by that hot chick from That 70's Show.

I'm not seeing her again.
                                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                                "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Working...
                                X