No announcement yet.

U2 song draft signup/discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some amazing covers too that I for one would like to be eligible in this draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      Some amazing covers too that I for one would like to be eligible in this draft.
      Anything they recorded or played live is eligible.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
        Anything they recorded or played live is eligible.
        Or sung with Natalie Merchant.
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I actually met Bono. At the newspaper where I work I get to see famous people once in a while. About 2-3 years ago Bono was doing the Spiderman publicity rounds of NY and did a tour of the newsroom. My desk is right next to the editor's office, it was early, not many staff were there, the editor started giving someone a tour right off my right shoulder and I turned around and it was Bono five feet away, with the glasses and that green Castro cap, and I was genuinely shocked and forgot the rule of "don't bother the famous people" and said something like, "Whoa, hi Bono!". He said hello back, then I felt I had to say hello to the woman he was with (must have been his wife), so I did, and then I remembered not to bother the famous people and turned back around and stared at my computer screen like an idiot until they moved on. I count that as a "met".

Later my friend Joe Barracato went up to him and gushed fan nonsense for over a minute ("I saw you at the Meadowlands in '96, the Zoo TV tour twice, what else...")
          One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

I'll give this one a go if you still need guys.

Comment

Erik
              Stephen
              Sheep
              Johnny
              Long John
              Heyelander
              Overkill

We can get a draft order together once we get a final answer from Fresno Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                Or sung with Natalie Merchant.
                Does Bono's falsetto count as "female vocal participation"?

Comment

We can get a draft order together once we get a final answer from Fresno Bob.
                  Whose PM box is full.

Comment

Whose PM box is full.
                    Today it's not so I sent him one last notice.

I have to run out for a bit and I'll start to set things up after I get back.

Comment

Per Google search suggestions, Bono is a ...

douche
                      turd
                      hypocrite
                      Christian
                      piece of crap
                      tool
                      pox
                      idiot
                      jerk

How things change in 20 years.
                      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

guys, I'm totally slammed, so I'm going to sit this one out
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

No prob, FB. Sorry my inbox was full, it's cleaned out now.

Comment

So, I need two people to help me with the draft order.

One person, please send me a list of these names in random order:

Erik
                            Stephen
                            Sheep
                            Johnny
                            Long John
                            Heyelander
                            Overkill

One person, please send me the numbers 1 thru 7 in random order.

Comment

I'll send the names

Comment

Got 'em. Need numbers from someone.

Comment

Working...
                                X