8 DMT
    9 Stephen
    10 Senorsheep

-------------------------------------

Rules:

12 Rounds, no restrictions.

-------------------------------------

Late Entrants:

If someone else wants in we can use Rule 15 from here (VD Rule for late Entrants) ... a bit OTT for a sports bar draft, but it'll avoid any hassle.

15. We usually accept late entrants up until the end of Round 1. In such circumstances, the new participant will pick last in the first round. We will then do a double blind to randomly determine where they will draft for every consequent round - e.g. Joe Bloggs wants to join after pick 1.05. For the first round he picks last: 1.12. We then do a double blind to determine which slot Joe will draft from round 2 on-wards. This way there is no first round advantage, and the draft order is still random.

Last edited by johnnya24; 04-17-2013, 04:21 PM.

Why do you insist on boxing me out Johnny who is not John Hoyos?

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      Why do you insist on boxing me out Johnny who is not John Hoyos?

A google image search for "Stephen Box" brings up some interesting results ... if you're into that kinda thing.
      Last edited by johnnya24; 04-16-2013, 06:02 PM.

Comment

I PM'd Lucky as a fellow aficionado of REM later work.

Comment

I'm your huckleberry.

Comment

A shiver came quick,

grabbed me up by the back of the neck,

and shook me down to the floor,

through my shoes, through the floor,

to core of the earth.

I muttered something, swallowed some air.

Science, miracles, monkeys, or prayer,

I’ll believe in anything when I’m there
            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
              A shiver came quick,
              Does that mean you're in?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                Does that mean you're in?
                Indeed.
                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

Rules:

12 Rounds, no restrictions

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    Rules:

12 Rounds, no restrictions
                    No Lucky?
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      No Lucky?
                      An oversight ...

Comment

A little something to get everybody in the mood...

I love this performance from 1985. The Germans seem a bit puzzled. Remember the days before YouTube when Michael Stipe used to claim that the band never did cover songs? LOL

My favorite-ist REM-song-that-is-no-one-else's-favorite-REM-song is in this setlist. Please, God, don't make me go first - I might totally Hey, Bulldog! it...

Comment

Rapid Eye Movement............ Whats the bid deal......

OH you meant the band. Nope - Im out.
                          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                            A little something to get everybody in the mood...

I love this performance from 1985. The Germans seem a bit puzzled. Remember the days before YouTube when Michael Stipe used to claim that the band never did cover songs? LOL

My favorite-ist REM-song-that-is-no-one-else's-favorite-REM-song is in this setlist. Please, God, don't make me go first - I might totally Hey, Bulldog! it...
                            ... an hour and a half ... that'll keep me going nicely.

German crowds are generally quite sedate and polite ... they prefer to stand and listen rather than go crazy and hoot 'n holla. Been to a lot of gigs in Germany. It was basically the same price for us to fly to Berlin for a long weekend to see a band than go up the road to London for an evening ... ahh the good old days.

Comment

Let's double blind this now ... if someone else wants in we can use Rule 15 from here (VD Rule for late Entrants) ... a bit OTT for a sports bar draft, but it'll avoid any hassle.

15. We usually accept late entrants up until the end of Round 1. In such circumstances, the new participant will pick last in the first round. We will then do a double blind to randomly determine where they will draft for every consequent round - e.g. Joe Bloggs wants to join after pick 1.05. For the first round he picks last: 1.12. We then do a double blind to determine which slot Joe will draft from round 2 on-wards. This way there is no first round advantage, and the draft order is still random.
                              Can someone PM me these names randomized:

JonCarlos
                              Johnny
                              Pogues
                              DMT
                              Fresno Bob
                              Stephen
                              Erik
                              Bryanbutler
                              Lucky
                              Senorsheep

... and someone else PM me the numbers 1-10 randomized.

Comment

Working...
                              X