*** VD 6 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *** VD 6 Commentary Thread ***

Same format as VDV - letters and decades, with the possible addition of KO's. Who's in ?

1) Feral Slasher
    2) Hacko
    3) Johnny
    4) ElDiablo
    5) Garp
    6) Heyelander
    7) Revo
    8) Controller Jacobs
    9) Frae
    10) Pogues (unless the wrist puts him on the DL)
    11) Knuckleballs
    Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 03-12-2013, 07:25 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

I am in

Comment

I imagine we'll get all the guys in again.

Comment

As far as the KO debate is going, I think the consensus was we're going with 4 KO's

Having thought about it, I reckon we're just as well to keep ENVO in the KO pool ... not including them would put too much pressure on the middle-weak letters ... IMO better just to spread it out over all the non-QUIZY letters. I had an O at the end and had a choice between Ordonez, Ortiz and Paul O'Neil.

That should create a more even spread on the KO's.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          O ain't V. I vote for excluding at least E, N, and V.
          That's true ... I'm not really bothered ... I certainly agree that O shouldn't be off limits.

I reckon QUIZY and ENV would be the most popular choice if we did a poll.

Comment

I'm in.

Comment

can we get some new person to play again so I don't come in 10th? Where's Sea Dog? Hockey season is over... Wasn't OTW pushing for letters and decades at some point?
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

OT. I saw a post a while back that had a nifty draft day tool for calcing projections for your team as you drafted and such, but I can't find the thread. Anyone have any suggestions for a good draft day tool?
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I'm in.

Comment

in (as already noted)
                    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

I'll ask Oakland A's -- would be great to have him back.

Comment

I think it would be fun to do a quick one with some 2013 fantasy baseball projections. Would be an interesting test of stat values.
                        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                          I think it would be fun to do a quick one with some 2013 fantasy baseball projections. Would be an interesting test of stat values.
                          You mean add the 2013 projections to the 2013 eligible players?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            You mean add the 2013 projections to the 2013 eligible players?
                            Replace the players and BY stats with 2013 projections. I can't do it today, but I could try it out in the next couple weeks.

Probably BY stats only, but we could instead use two sets of 2013 projections.

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                              Replace the players and BY stats with 2013 projections. I can't do it today, but I could try it out in the next couple weeks.

Probably BY stats only, but we could instead use two sets of 2013 projections.
                              Where are the 2013 projections?

I am still not sure I'm understanding 100% what you are saying ... I have 3 possible versions in my head

Add a fantasy 2013 stat for all the players ... like a 162 average, but with other parameters? Or only for the players who are scheduled to play in the 2013 season?

--------

I have about 1/4 finished a database of players "peak years" (3 year and 5 year spans) that will be set up for letter, decade and franchise drafting. I have quite a long way to go to finish it though.

Comment

Working...
                              X