Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Where are the 2013 projections?

I am still not sure I'm understanding 100% what you are saying ... I have 3 possible versions in my head

Add a fantasy 2013 stat for all the players ... like a 162 average, but with other parameters? Or only for the players who are scheduled to play in the 2013 season?
    Just grab the projections from one or two sites and throw them in there, completely replacing the current players. I'd be inclined to use rotochamp because they're free and it looks like they've put some good work into them. The draft would be a quickie, mostly for fun though it might also allow some of us to familiarize ourselves with the 2013 player base, and to see how our valuation of distinct stats adds up.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
      Just grab the projections from one or two sites and throw them in there, completely replacing the current players. I'd be inclined to use rotochamp because they're free and it looks like they've put some good work into them. The draft would be a quickie, mostly for fun though it might also allow some of us to familiarize ourselves with the 2013 player base, and to see how our valuation of distinct stats adds up.
      So it would be a by year only, with the pool of players being 2013 projections ? Or do we include their career stats ? I'm ok with that or the original plan for VD6.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Not a fan of adding projections for 2013, personally.

If we're using KO's, what about the idea of having two wild cards: one letter and one decade?

Comment

Sorry if I confused everybody, but my suggestion had nothing to do with VD6. It was just an idea for a little one-off, non-vintage draft. Forget it for now and I'll see if I can put the sheet together so people can get a concrete idea of what I mean.
          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

in it to...ah never mind. In.

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
              Sorry if I confused everybody, but my suggestion had nothing to do with VD6. It was just an idea for a little one-off, non-vintage draft. Forget it for now and I'll see if I can put the sheet together so people can get a concrete idea of what I mean.
              I'd make it a BY only draft ... and launch it in the Fantasy Baseball Forum ... I'm sure you'll get a bunch of us involved, some irregular VD'rs and also a bunch of non-VD'rs.

I'll modify a SS for you if you get it up and running (as long as there aren't like 20 people in it! ).

Comment

I'd make it a BY only draft ... and launch it in the Fantasy Baseball Forum ... I'm sure you'll get a bunch of us involved, some irregular VD'rs and also a bunch of non-VD'rs.

I'll modify a SS for you if you get it up and running (as long as there aren't like 20 people in it! ).
                So, when do we want to get this up and running ? We could probably figure out all the details early in the week and start Thursday or should we wait for the week after ?
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  So, when do we want to get this up and running ? We could probably figure out all the details early in the week and start Thursday or should we wait for the week after ?
                  Sounds good ... I'll get stuff out tomorrow ... and start maybe Wed or Thurs?

Everyone OK with 4 KO's between rounds 6 and 12 ... excluding QUIZ ENVY?

Comment

Sounds good ... I'll get stuff out tomorrow ... and start maybe Wed or Thurs?

Everyone OK with 4 KO's between rounds 6 and 12 ... excluding QUIZ ENVY?
                    That sounds good to me. If we were to somehow get more than 10 to sign up I wouldn't mind reducing the KO's
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I was asked in a private message if I was playing this round. Unfortunately I am still dealing with an ailing wrist, aggravated by too much time on the computer. Preparing for the draft...too much time. Sorry.
                      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Oakland A's is out, too, unfortunately.

What did people think of the notion of adding two wild-cards: one letter and one decade. Bringing back 5th OF slot and extra P spot to compensate.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                          Oakland A's is out, too, unfortunately.

What did people think of the notion of adding two wild-cards: one letter and one decade. Bringing back 5th OF slot and extra P spot to compensate.
                          If you do a wildcard think they have to be letter and decade at the same time, or maybe I don't understand how it would work. If you add another player who is just a decade WC what letter could he be ?

Anyway, I'd be ok with a couple WC's I think it would be good.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            If you do a wildcard think they have to be letter and decade at the same time, or maybe I don't understand how it would work. If you add another player who is just a decade WC what letter could he be ?

Anyway, I'd be ok with a couple WC's I think it would be good.
                            Yeah it would have to be 2 letters and 2 decades. It's not that easy to configure. I'll have a think about it tomorrow and post up some options.

Comment

Yeah it would have to be 2 letters and 2 decades. It's not that easy to configure. I'll have a think about it tomorrow and post up some options.
                              we skipped a bunch of decades this time so you could just make them letter wc and fill in the skipped decades
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                we skipped a bunch of decades this time so you could just make them letter wc and fill in the skipped decades
                                I agree with this. In fact, I'd say add one more regular letter (so you have to use 4/5 quizy), 2 wildcards, then require one more hitting decade and two more pitching decades. Alternately, 3 wildcards and leave quizy as is. Ideally I think we want to use as many decades as possible, because it's more "relevant" than last initial . i.e. It's more interesting outside of Vintage Drafting to know about how Reggie Jackson compared to 1960's hitters than how Dan Uggla changed the history of U hitters.

Comment

Working...
                                X