10 team NL Only League looking for 1 new owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 team NL Only League looking for 1 new owner

We have an opening in our 5x5 NL only league. The league has existed for over 10 years, so it is an established league. Our auction draft is over the phone/internet because we have owners spread out across the country (4 in Atlanta, 2 in Chicago, and 3 in Milwaukee). Our draft date is set for March 16th at 6PM EST. The time can be changed if needed, but the date is pretty much set in stone. The league fees are normally $100 per team, along with the CBS Sportsline fees which are divided equally. We also have a transaction fee of $1 per transaction (add drops only, trades are free). However, we have always allowed new owners taking over a team to get in for half price. So you would only be paying $50 plus site and transaction fees. Transaction fees are due at the end of the season and for most teams is anywhere from $10 to $25. All the money goes into the pot and the top 4 teams get paid.
    The league is fun and competitive and most of the owners have been in the league since its beginning. Rosters have 23 active players (14 hitters and 9 pitchers) and 10 reserve spots. Reserve players can be any undrafted players or minor league players as this is a keeper league. Teams have $260 to spend on their teams at the draft (minus keeper salaries of course). However, there is no salary cap once the season starts. Also, trading is encouraged, but any players traded MUST be kept the following season if they are still under contract. If the player is in an expiring contract, the player can be traded without having to be kept. If a player is traded to the AL, the player can still be kept on your roster and is not lost. You can still use the player as you would any NL player. That player can also be traded but is treated like a player with an expiring contract and cannot be kept the following season.
    Looking at the available team, the best potential keepers I see include: Andrelton Simmons $1, Joey Votto $44, Danny Espinosa $14, Alfonso Soriano $16, Kris Medlen $5, Wade Miley $12, Barry Zito $1, Julio Teheran $7 and Oscar Taveras as a minor league player (which can be kept at no cost going into the draft). Of course some of those keepers are better than other ones, but it gives you an idea of what you are working with. There is no maximum or minimum amount of keepers either. You can go into the draft with 0 keepers or with 15 or 20, as long as you are under the $260 cap.

If you are interested and will be a responsible and active owner, then we would love to have you join the league. You can live anywhere, but if you are in Atlanta, you're more than welcome to come draft with me and the others that are here in Georgia. Keepers will be due on March 8th and the draft is on the 16th. If you want any more information or if you are interested in joining then feel free to contact me on the thread or email me directly.

Jack

I'm interested, sent you A PM

Comment

I also sent you a PM Jack.

Comment

Working...
      X