What's for lunch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    interesting, I woulda thought there'd be a pack of doritos somewhere in there.
    Nope. That happens at night...
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

true enough, you didn't mention the evening snacks.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I got takeout Italian eggplant sandwich today. spicy. mmm.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
          I'm the weird one; most people do need more variety. I eat this every day at work:

Breakfast - medium banana

Lunch - side salad & low fat club crackers

Afternoon snacks - peanuts, small red delicious apple, yogurt, low fat cottage cheese.

But sometimes I change the order of the afternoon snacks. So there's my variety.
          It has been two years since you posted this. Are you still eating this way?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            It has been two years since you posted this. Are you still eating this way?
            My last five work days, per MyFitnessPal:

Wednesday, 9/26/2018

Breakfast: 1 medium banana
            Lunch: 1 side salad w/ deli ham, blue cheese, and light ranch dressing
            2:30 snack: 7 reduced fat Keebler Club crackers
            3:30 snack: 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
            4:30 snack: 1 container Yoplait low fat vanilla yogurt

Thursday, 9/27/2018

Breakfast: 1 container Yoplait low fat vanilla yogurt
            3:30 snack: 28 grams of lightly salted peanuts
            4:30 snack: 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese

Friday, 9/28/2018

Lunch: 1 side salad w/ deli turkey, blue cheese, and light ranch dressing

Monday, 10/1/2018

Tuesday, 10/2/2018

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

My last five work days, per MyFitnessPal:

Wednesday, 9/26/2018

Thursday, 9/27/2018

Friday, 9/28/2018

Monday, 10/1/2018

Tuesday, 10/2/2018

Wow. What do you weigh now about 40lbs?

I truly cannot wrap my head around how you could do this.

Comment

Impressive, sheep. I have never had that kind of discipline or commitment to healthy eating.

Comment

Wow. What do you weigh now about 40lbs?
                  Heh. I hover right around 200 lbs., give or take 5. I have a lot of muscle mass compared to most dudes my age. I've done strength training religiously 3x per week since I was in my mid-30's. I weigh 20-30 lbs. more than I look like I weigh.

I truly cannot wrap my head around how you could do this.
                  The amount of food? Or the repetitive diet?

We need less food than we think to we do. It's just a change of mindset - ya know, "eat to live," not "live to eat." Things that help me a lot:

1) Spreading out food intake: I do NOT eat the traditional three square meals at set times per day, just a small portion every hour or so. And related to that...
                  2) I don't eat until I'm actually hungry. If my stomach isn't rumbling, then I'm not actually hungry.
                  3) I don't drink liquid calories, save for the occasional glass of skim milk or light lemonade. And I don't drink alcohol.

It took a little getting used to, but once it became my new normal, it wasn't so bad. Now it's just habit.

As for the repetitive eating, this is only my daytime diet. I change it up more when I get home.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                    Impressive, sheep. I have never had that kind of discipline or commitment to healthy eating.
                    I have to. Guys on my dad's side of the family tend to blow up to 260 lbs. and die from a combination of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and/or high blood pressure before they hit 60. I'm not going out like that.

I'm not such an angel when I get home. The discipline tends to vanish quickly once the bong is fired up.

Comment

3) I don't drink liquid calories, save for the occasional glass of skim milk or light lemonade. And I don't drink alcohol.
                      Yeah, if I gave up alcohol, I'd probably drop 10 pounds pretty quickly. Neither the spirit nor the body is willing to do that yet.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I find myself questioning how I never knew anything about banana sizing. Next time at the grocery produce, I will pick up a bunch and wonder, are they medium? small? how will I know

Comment

Originally posted by Igor View Post
                          I find myself questioning how I never knew anything about banana sizing. Next time at the grocery produce, I will pick up a bunch and wonder, are they medium? small? how will I know
                          they always look small to me....

We had tacos brought in for lunch at work since it is national taco day. Personally, I think it should be on a tuesday
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post

We had tacos brought in for lunch at work since it is national taco day. Personally, I think it should be on a tuesday
                            Agreed. We have a very good hole in the wall called The Mean Wiener that runs a $1.49 taco special...on Wednesdays! What the heck.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post

So my wife texted out to my two adult daughters and me that she is making tacos for dinner tonight. I told her (based on your post) that it is National Taco Day. She had no idea. I don't think we have had tacos for dinner in 6 months. What are the odds.

Comment

So my wife texted out to my two adult daughters and me that she is making tacos for dinner tonight. I told her (based on your post) that it is National Taco Day. She had no idea. I don't think we have had tacos for dinner in 6 months. What are the odds.
                                plate of shrimp
                                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                                X