2K13 Free Agent League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K13 Free Agent League

It's that time of the year again. I just got assigned to a league and I went through the free agents. Here's who found:

C Arencibia, Salty, Martin, Jaso
    1B Hart, G Jones, Colvin, Lind, Alonso
    2B Bonifacio, K Johnson, Infante, Beckham
    SS Conzart, Segura, Drew, Peralta
    3B C Johnson, Chisenhall, Gyorko, Francisco
    OF Marte, C Young, Ludwick, Rasmus, Saunders, Ross, Span, Parra, Dirks, R Davis

SP Vargas, Billingsley, Griffin, Hammel, Milone, W Rodriguez, McDonald, Capuano, Hanson, Santana, Worley, Bauer, Baker
    RP Frieri, Santos, Parnell, Veras, Cook, Rondon, Pestano, Herrera, Fransisco, D Hernandez, Robertson

I have them roughly ranked by preference by position. As usual plenty of potential saves and speed. Thoughts. Anyone I might be missing that might be available?
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

thanks for the reminder - if you want, explain the concept to anyone that might want to try it

Comment

Bucky, those names are rather similar to what I am seeing in the league I joined.

Made my team this morning after waivers cleared. Not very happy with this team yet as I am lacking in good BA and SB, but it is early.

C: Arencibia
      1B: Garrett Jones
      2B: Keppinger, Chris Nelson
      3B: Mark Reynolds, Jedd Gyorko
      SS: Segura, Stephen Drew
      OF: Corey Hart (to DL), Ludwick, Starling Marte, Brandon Moss, Quentin

SP: Johan Santana, Wandy Rodriguez, Alex Cobb, Paul Maholm, A.J. Griffin, Hyun-Jin Ryu
      RP: Jose Veras, Ernesto Frieri, Bobby Parnell, Kyuji Fujikawa

Probably would consider grabbing one of the steal only guys on the wire (Pierre, Stubbs, Bonifacio, Blanco, etc.) either in Hart's spot when I can move him or when Quentin gets hurt in the next week or two. And yes, Wil Myers and Profar (as a UTIL) are still on the wire. Not sure if it is worth using a roster spot on them right now.

I'm waiting on some spring starts from McDonald before I bite again. He really killed my Free Agent team last year when his 2nd half slump never seemed to end. Cozart was consistently mediocre to my eyes last year, so I am giving him a pass too. 3B depth is just dreadful, so I'll put up with Reynolds' bad BA for now unless Gyorko makes the SD roster (Keppinger and Nelson can play over there too). I love what Moss was doing late last year, so I gave him a flyer on my team. Keeping an eye on Chris Carter too.

Comment

For those who are new to this concept, take a look at last year's thread. The first post describes the "rules" and general strategies.

Comment

Looking fwd to trying this. I just joined a league that is drafting tonight. They are going to be pissed when Reid Brignac goes in Rd 1!
          Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Thanks, Bucky. I just registered.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

drafted -now it is time to "fix" it

Comment

I've been doing this for years, and every year I forget... When do the transactions run? I got my players and I'm trying to "fix" my roster, but all of the waivers are just sitting there and haven't run for two days.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                  I've been doing this for years, and every year I forget... When do the transactions run? I got my players and I'm trying to "fix" my roster, but all of the waivers are just sitting there and haven't run for two days.
                  I think it takes like 3 days. I am not even bothering to put in any waiver claims, I'll just wait until everyone hits free agency and save my waiver spot.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                    I think there is something wrong with the waiver wire. I decided to put a claim in for Hart and Frieri as I thought those are two guys others might be interested in and Hart (now that he seems to be speeding back to health) was worth the claim. But they are still on waivers (was supposed to be for today) and they are still on waivers but everyone else is available. I grabbed the rest of my team; I'll post in a little bit.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I have like 15 waiver claims in so hopefully I get them all tomorrow. The team will still be wimpy but I love this challenge!
                      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

I think alos grabbing and trading the hype is a decent strategy. if you get a league where no one wants to trade or vetos everything it it awful tough to win.

Hording closers and steals then trading also can work. Getting Hrs is really tough

Comment

I've also thought that...

1) We should come up with a real name for this, something catchy. It's similar, I guess, to Hacking Mass, but different. It is it's own thing, and it's ours.

2) Before these drop, we should all agree who are first round pick should be. Mine was Randy Choate. If we all chose the same scrub, I wonder if we could skew Yahoo's stats.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Is there a faster way to get all your crappy players ranked highest? Excluding top guys by hand seems like a real pain in the ass.
                            Go to Show 500 players. Scroll all the way down. Pick from the bottom to make your list. There may be a better way.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                              I have like 15 waiver claims in so hopefully I get them all tomorrow. The team will still be wimpy but I love this challenge!
                              Honestly, I suggest canceling most of them. My league indicated that the waiver claims would be run today, which means in the morning. But they did not and the only other players that are still on waivers in addition to Hart and Frieri and ARod and Shelby Miller. So it seems that those are the only players that had waiver claims. Teams won't be that active and anxious to replace players in February, especially considering they have a good team. And I say this knowing that TWO trades have already been made (both involving the same owner) so there are some active owners here, but almost no waiver claims.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                              X