one opening for an online 12-team mixed keeper league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one opening for an online 12-team mixed keeper league

12-team mixed, 5x5 using AVG. Normal 23-man active roster, 6-man bench, 3 minor leaguers. Kept major-league players go up $5/year; for Lord knows what reason, you have to sign players to a contract when keeping them after the first year but the cost of cutting someone is $5 FAAB budget out of a starting $100 pool, which is completely trivial. You can keep minor leaguers as long as you want at the price you drafted them at until they lose major league rookie status. Trading is pretty active. Weekly FAAB uses Vickrey bidding.

Entry fee is $150, no transaction fees. The league is on OnRoto although I think we do the auction on CBS unless OnRoto has figured out auction software by now. Most of the people in the league are on the East Coast; I'm not sure if they do an in-person meetup for the auction but I don't think so. The auction starts at 7pm east coast time on a weekday, which was a little inconvenient for me last year on the West Coast but I was a lot happier than they were after we had some technical difficulties and it ran super late...

The available team has this roster. Belt, Weeks, and Holland are on long-term contracts through next year but as noted it's pretty cheap to cut them. Anyone else can be extended. Keep up to six players plus any of your three minor leaguers.

1B PGoldschmidt Ari (0 10)
    2B HKendrick LAA (0 13)
    SS JHardy Bal (0 10)
    3B MYoung Phi (0 21)
    OF NCruz Tex (0 24)
    OF HPence SF (0 23)
    OF DStubbs Cle (0 16)
    OF ARios CWS (0 3)
    OF JSchafer Atl (0 3)
    C MWieters Bal (0 13)
    UT BButler KC (0 15)
    CI BBelt SF (2 6, will be $11 next year)
    MI JWeeks Oak (2 6, will be $11 next year)
    P DHolland Tex (2 6, will be $11 next year)
    P HKuroda NYY (0 7)
    P GBalfour Oak (0 6)
    P THudson Atl (0 5)
    P JNathan Tex (0 8)
    P MBuehrle Tor (0 5)
    P #CZambrano FA (0 2)
    P APettitte NYY (0 1)

OF JWerth Was (0 9)
    OF YAlonso SD (0 6)
    P JGuerra LAD (1 6)
    P DFister Det (0 7)
    P MRivera NYY (0 16)
    P DPomeranz Col (0 4)

Minors:
    P DBundy Bal (0 3)
    1B CYelich Mia (0 2)
    C TDArnaud NYM (0 1)

IMHO this is not a great team, but I do like the league.

- Mike
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.
Working...
X