No announcement yet.

2K21 - Houston Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the buzzer thing is real and substantiated, what does that mean in practical terms? Altuve and Bregman (and anyone else who they can prove used them) are suspended for a year? Longer? Forever?

I will say that as this is going on, it's hard not to think of the Patriots and the way their transgressions have been generally brushed aside. I'm not excusing what the Astros did or saying there's been an overreaction, but the difference is kind of astounding.

Comment

• On ESPN radio this morning they were shoving each other out of the way to attack Fiers. That included Jessica Mendoza, ESPN MLB analyst and "New York Mets adviser". Mendoza has walked back from her live comments somewhat on Twitter.

Mendoza also said the Astros deserved to win the World Series because of the team they put together. I staunchly disagree with that sentiment, particularly given that Boston then won the WS using Cora.
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Check out Trevor Plouffe's twitter from the last couple days, he's got some goodies
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• ooh shots fired by Clevinger
          They shouldn’t feel comfortable looking at any of us in the eye let alone on the field and any other MLB player feel different, they can get it too

Comment

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
            First thought that came to mind was that it was a good thing that Trout won the MVP last year.
            How much, if this is true, does it affect Bregman's value? If he was so good last year because he knew what was coming, stands to reason he will be worse in 2020 and beyond if he doesn't, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
              ooh shots fired by Clevinger
              They shouldn’t feel comfortable looking at any of us in the eye let alone on the field and any other MLB player feel different, they can get it too
              Clev also, tellingly, said that he'd rather face a Sosa (roids and all) in his prime who doesn't know what pitch is coming than a league average hitter who does. So again, what is Bregman's value right now? I have a chance to trade for him, but the price is very high. But if he is what he was last year, it isn't a bad deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                Clev also, tellingly, said that he'd rather face a Sosa (roids and all) in his prime who doesn't know what pitch is coming than a league average hitter who does. So again, what is Bregman's value right now? I have a chance to trade for him, but the price is very high. But if he is what he was last year, it isn't a bad deal.
                maybe look at his home road splits. And the rest of the stros to see if there is anything interesting
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  maybe look at his home road splits. And the rest of the stros to see if there is anything interesting
                  Good point. He was actually better on the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    Good point. He was actually better on the road.
                    Wow, he already moved Bregman to another team. Shopped him hard, I guess. He got Matt Chapman and Ozzie Albies. Two for ones in mixed leagues nearly always favor the one, but a decent return given his obvious anxieties related to the cheating and possible penalties. He texted me that he feared the one in a 1000 chance MLB finds enough evidence to suspend him for a year or even life. Crazy, think, but he can sleep better now.

Comment

• I was listening to a show today regarding Wearable Tech. The speaker was a former MLB player who now is a sportscaster of some kind. He said that Tony Clark was concerned/warning players about Wearable Tech as far back as 2013. At the time he was apparently concerned that the biometric info gathered by this tech could be used against players in arb cases or FA negotiations. IE Players who stressed in high leverage situations would become less valuable than one's who remained calm. The Term : Lowheart rate Player, was specifically mentioned. It was then noted that during last years playoffs/WS Rendon was referred to as a "Low heart rate player" indicating wearable techs are indeed in play today.

Take the next logical step allows us to reasonable ask--Have players been using wearable tech to cheat.

I have no idea, but thought this might be an opportunity to discuss the possibility.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...024-story.html

"One day after a rain delay left the diamond muddy, players from another team noticed that the Philadelphia Phillies third base coach was, inning after inning, standing with one foot in a deep puddle of water. They also noticed that their pitchers were getting killed.

Why would a man deliberately stick his foot in a shoelace-deep puddle? Between innings, the suspicious players dug around in the mud. And unearthed a block of wood with a buzzer button. Next they tore up the underground wire connected to the box to see where it led. To the center-field scoreboard.

There they found a Phillies’ player with binoculars, stealing signs, then relaying them to Pearce Chiles, the coach who could feel the tipoff signal in the sole of his wet foot.

This incident happened in 1899 and is related in a book called “Pitching in a Pinch,” written by Christy Mathewson."
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...024-story.html

"One day after a rain delay left the diamond muddy, players from another team noticed that the Philadelphia Phillies third base coach was, inning after inning, standing with one foot in a deep puddle of water. They also noticed that their pitchers were getting killed.

Why would a man deliberately stick his foot in a shoelace-deep puddle? Between innings, the suspicious players dug around in the mud. And unearthed a block of wood with a buzzer button. Next they tore up the underground wire connected to the box to see where it led. To the center-field scoreboard.

There they found a Phillies’ player with binoculars, stealing signs, then relaying them to Pearce Chiles, the coach who could feel the tipoff signal in the sole of his wet foot.

This incident happened in 1899 and is related in a book called “Pitching in a Pinch,” written by Christy Mathewson."
                          If he would have been electrocuted, that would have been some swift justice.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Anyone else think that Bregman & Altuve will have career highs in the number of times that they are hit-by-pitch this year?
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              Anyone else think that Bregman & Altuve will have career highs in the number of times that they are hit-by-pitch this year?
                              OBP leaguers take note
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                OBP leaguers take note
                                Unless you aren't concerned about using too much auction cash/too high a draft slot on someone who has some IL stints.

Comment

Working...
                                X