No announcement yet.

2K21 - Houston Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dang!!!! This is a shock, but one I am glad to see. The draft picks I would think will hurt them more than the suspensions. You would think this should get the attention of the rest of the teams regarding future cheating.

I wonder in Vegas how much this will change their 2020 over/under on their win total.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Wowza - AJ Hinch & Jeff Luhnow each suspended for an entire year!

The Astros also will lose their 1st and 2nd rd picks in '20 and '21 and be fined $5m.

Former exec Brandon Taubman, who was fired in a separate scandal after screaming at female journalists "Thank God we got Osuna," was permanently banned from MLB.
      Reports now coming out that both Hinch and Luhnow have been fired by the Astros. Huge falls from grace.

Comment

• I'm glad that Mike is long gone. This would not look good on a resume.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          I'm glad that Mike is long gone. This would not look good on a resume.

J
          absolutely.

This is a huge message sent ... interesting to see if there's any more fallout.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            I'm glad that Mike is long gone. This would not look good on a resume.

J
            Uh...wasn't he there for this season?

ETA: My bad - I'm 2 years behind!
            Last edited by virgonomic; 01-16-2020, 09:08 AM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• I'm sure that Pete Rose will have something to say about manager Hinch only getting a one year suspension.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                I'm sure that Pete Rose will have something to say about manager Hinch only getting a one year suspension.
                Why? Was Pete betting against the Astros?

Seriously, wow. Although the fine is wimpy.
                Last edited by chancellor; 01-13-2020, 08:37 PM.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• I believe the fine is the maximum allowed.

more importantly - chancellor!
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• $5M is the largest fine allowed, but the loss of those 4 draft picks is the big whammer there.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post

A.J. Hinch = video proof = definitely cheated = one year ban
                      Pete Rose = placed bets = possibly cheated = lifetime ban

Seems a little inconsistent to me.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I think the game sees cheating to win as a lesser offense than beating on your own teams, with the possibility that you are trying to lose, or at least trying slightly harder to win some games than others, which may hurt your team in the other games (depleted bullpens and the like). Also, this may be a longer ban than 1 year. They helped build a winner, so they may get another chance, but maybe not any time soon.

Comment

I think the earlier incarnation of this board might have had this discussion, but I have zero sympathy for Rose. Every player and manager knew that gambling was the equivalent of eating from the Tree of Eden - do so, and you will be expelled. Rose knew it, and in his arrogance bet anyway. Whining about the penalty when he knew what it would be is pretty typical; Rose has taken it to a level I didn't expect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                            $5M is the largest fine allowed, but the loss of those 4 draft picks is the big whammer there.
                            Yeah, I know, but I figured if MLB wanted to, they could figure out a way around that.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post

Not really, just not monetary. Four top draft picks is a lot.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• The Astros have so much depth right now and the picks are likely to be later in the round in 2020 & 2021 that they probably won't even miss those four draft picks.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X