No announcement yet.

2K21 - Houston Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to try to breakdown the numbers further? I would assume a large chunk of HBPs are from guy who regularly get HBP. They know how to lean into the pitch and where to let it hit them. They aren't going to get hurt much, if at all, on those. Other HBPs are random---the guys trying to get out of the way but fail. Those, to me, would be much more likely to result in injuries.

Not sure where the Astros' hitters would fall in that spectrum---if they are getting thrown at, it would likely hit their back/butt/fleshy part and be fine. I think the ones that result in surgery are the wrist ones on inside pitches that are almost swings and more or less totally random. I agree with the idea that the Astros would not likely get hurt too much from getting thrown at, but I doubt previous numbers would reflect a campaign like that.

Comment

• The Stats are cool--I hope the get hit so often they duck when someone tosses them a beer.

Yeah I'm a bad man, but they're fucking cheaters.

I hope they get theirs and in every possible way.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        Is it possible to try to breakdown the numbers further? I would assume a large chunk of HBPs are from guy who regularly get HBP. They know how to lean into the pitch and where to let it hit them. They aren't going to get hurt much, if at all, on those. Other HBPs are random---the guys trying to get out of the way but fail. Those, to me, would be much more likely to result in injuries.

Not sure where the Astros' hitters would fall in that spectrum---if they are getting thrown at, it would likely hit their back/butt/fleshy part and be fine. I think the ones that result in surgery are the wrist ones on inside pitches that are almost swings and more or less totally random. I agree with the idea that the Astros would not likely get hurt too much from getting thrown at, but I doubt previous numbers would reflect a campaign like that.
        I'm not sure where we'd find that specific data, but if you have it, it sounds interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          So in OBP leagues Houston players will get a slight uptick. Combine that with a general dislike for the Houston players, means (if we just look at math) we should look to load up on the discounted Houston players.

Comment

• Temp1.jpg

New Astros Helmet
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]1225[/ATTACH]

New Astros Helmet
              I guffawed. Nicely Played.

I was going to type GOL but I do not think one can guffaw without it being OL. just G doesn't seem right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                So in OBP leagues Houston players will get a slight uptick.
                I think this HBP thing is honestly overblown. There will be a little back and forth and then it will settle down. There won't be enough to change OBP value.

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Combine that with a general dislike for the Houston players, means (if we just look at math) we should look to load up on the discounted Houston players.
                I can buy that one - if there are inappropriate discounts due to the big story of the offseason, then buy.
                Last edited by Ken; 02-24-2020, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• I have bought some Astros this off-season, because people have been selling them. I do think it is an overreaction. But I do worry some of early season jitters and some of the players may get a little rattled by a new level of jeering and taunts by opposing fans and players. Many will ignore it, but some might get affected by it--some might feel guilty about it already and the reminders could throw them off 1%, is a lot in a game played at such a high level. We don't know who that might be yet.

Comment

• Justin Verlander with triceps soreness......something to worry about, or does this create a buying opportunity?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Justin Verlander with triceps soreness......something to worry about, or does this create a buying opportunity?
                      He had an MRI and it was diagnosed as a mild lat strain. I read he'll likely be shut down 4-6 weeks with an estimated mid-May return.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Chances that Miles Straw takes the outfield job from both Tucker AND Reddick? Dusty loves his speed guys.

Comment

• Yordan Alvarez probably won't be ready to start the season due to knee troubles. Opens up a place to play for both Reddick and Tucker unless one of them gets pushed out by Straw.

Comment

• Wow...good call, joncarlos. Straw is really making a case for himself. Even if he's the fourth OF, he could get a fair amount of PT. Gotta move him up the board in my AL-only.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Justin Verlander underwent right groin surgery on Tuesday and is expected to be sidelined for approximately six weeks.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                Justin Verlander underwent right groin surgery on Tuesday and is expected to be sidelined for approximately six weeks.
                                ... which still might give him enough time to be ready for the start of the season.
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X