2K21 - Houston Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Brett Wallace demoted to AAA today. Can you say Buuuuuuuuuuuust?
    Eight well spent dollars in RJEL.

Comment

and people thought Gose for Wallace was lopsided when in fact both may amount to nothing more than MLB reserves

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        and people thought Gose for Wallace was lopsided when in fact both may amount to nothing more than MLB reserves
        Gose is too young and too talented to predict that of him at this point. He'll be starting in CF for someone next April.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          Gose is too young and too talented to predict that of him at this point. He'll be starting in CF for someone next April.
          Wallace is only 26. It seems he has the tools. He just doesn't seem to have the head for the Bigs. Maybe he will get it. Of course that doesn't help many fantasy players for this year.

Thanks to RJ I stayed away from him this year. I was thinking about grabbing him for the end game. Glad that didn't happen.

Comment

Justin Maxwell out a little while with a broken hand. Brandon Barnes gets more ABs. Robbie Grossman gets called up. F-Mart gets called back up. Not sure I love any of these guys but with Barnes or Maxwell could probably help in an AL-only league.

Comment

I have both Iwakuma and Maxwell in Tout....so one of my guys injures the other. Ugh

53 of my 67 points now are in pitching and I had Lucas Harrell going today

Comment

beating up on the Yankees tonight - no likely to happen again so I just thought one should know.

Comment

owning Carlos Corporan in 4 leagues finally paid off

Comment

So, ummmm, Rick Ankiel is whiffing in an astounding 60% of his ABs. I know the Astros are supposed to be progressive with the sabermetrics, so errrr, what's goin on here?

Comment

Any shot Springer gets called up for anything besides a cup of coffee this year? He's looked good in AA.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        So, ummmm, Rick Ankiel is whiffing in an astounding 60% of his ABs. I know the Astros are supposed to be progressive with the sabermetrics, so errrr, what's goin on here?
                        Veteran leadership
                        Defense
                        Saves service time for future prospects

The way their pitching is going, it's a shame Ankiel can't get back on the mound

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                          Veteran leadership
                          Carlos Pena, Ronny Cedeno, Erik Bedard, Jose Veras aren't enough? (Well, Bedard might not be long for the job....)

Defense
                          It's not like the guy is Mark Belanger. And doesn't an automatic whiff negate the positive effects of his defense?

Saves service time for future prospects
                          They have a bunch of pseudo-prospects already on the roster. Why not use them? And when did Houston become a small market??

Comment

Winning 2013 games wouldn't even be my 10th highest goal if I ran the club. If Maxwell wasn't out hurt, things may be a bit different. Good to see Grossman get a shot in his absence.

Comment

This was kind of interesting to read, about Astros experimentation in the minors with (1) dual starting pitchers per game, and (2) defensive shifts.

Rosenthal’s focuses on the Astros’ use of duel starting pitchers for each game in the minor leagues. Each team carries eight starters, with the first one going abut 75 pitches, the next coming in and a closer finishing up if necessary. GM Jeff Luhnow explains how it works and why they’re doing it. It makes an awful lot of sense for a team in the Astros’ competitive and developmental position. Actually makes a lot of sense at the lower levels for any team, I would think.

Knobler looks at the Astros’ use of defensive shifts. Shifts are all the rage these days, but the Astros are using far more of them and far more complicated ones than anyone. Coach Eduardo Perez is the shift guru in Houston, and he talks about how it has been implemented and adapted as the season has gone on and various Astros pitchers have weighed in on how they feel about it all.
                              The Astros coming to New York meant that they're getting a lot more of a national spotlight this week.

Maybe KS has some interesting insight on these? I wouldn't be surprised if he was behind them, actually...

Comment

i seem to recall a brief discussion of the duel pitching experiment some months ago in which KS chimed in. i hadn't heard about the use of shifts though - interesting...
                                "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                                X