2K21 - Houston Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    And so ends the great Forrest Whitley emergence ... that was fast!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      And he's done for:
      Astros manager Dusty Baker announced Wednesday that right-hander Forrest Whitley will undergo Tommy John surgery.
      The highly-touted 23-year-old hurler was diagnosed with a UCL sprain in his pitching elbow earlier in the week and the initial recommendation was that he undergo the procedure. Now it's official. Whitley will miss the entire 2021 season -- and likely part of the 2022 season as well. It's a tough break for one of the top pitching prospects in the game.

Comment

• So did Framber Valdez ever actually have surgery? I'm wondering if he unexpectedly comes back in 3 months. I haven't seen anything.

Also, the Astros' entire staff is a mess. Cristian Javier and Luis Garcia are both behind because of COVID protocols. Framber is gone (probably). Whitley is gone. Pedro Baez actually *has* COVID. Odorizzi probably won't be ramped up for his first start.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          So did Framber Valdez ever actually have surgery? I'm wondering if he unexpectedly comes back in 3 months. I haven't seen anything.

Also, the Astros' entire staff is a mess. Cristian Javier and Luis Garcia are both behind because of COVID protocols. Framber is gone (probably). Whitley is gone. Pedro Baez actually *has* COVID. Odorizzi probably won't be ramped up for his first start.
          In deeper leagues, Hunter Brown could be a dark horse.

Comment

• And now Greinke is away from camp for a few days for "personal reasons" ... but it's Greinke, so I'm guessing it won't impact his usual early season velocity of 87mph.

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- Zack Greinke, Major League Baseball’s active leader with 459 career starts, will make No. 460 on Opening Day for the Astros when they play the A’s in Oakland on April 1, manager Dusty Baker announced Monday morning. The decision to start Greinke in the opener

Comment

• Framber Valdez is probably NOT having surgery and could be back by June. If anyone bought the dip at the end of a deep draft, they may get a windfall.

Comment

Framber Valdez is probably NOT having surgery and could be back by June. If anyone bought the dip at the end of a deep draft, they may get a windfall.
                I wonder how much half a year of Valdez is worth. Feels like still a dollar days buy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  I wonder how much half a year of Valdez is worth. Feels like still a dollar days buy.
                  I've got him at $5 in a 15-team mixed league, and he's on the bubble for my last keeper spot.

Comment

I've got him at $5 in a 15-team mixed league, and he's on the bubble for my last keeper spot.
                    man, hard pass for me at $5, I can't imagine you'd have to pay that to get him back

Comment

• McCullers - just heard 5 years/$85 million. Don't know if it's a new contract or an extension, but he'll be in Houston for a while.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                      X