No announcement yet.

2K21 - Houston Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Just traded Pham, Lux, my top two prospect draft picks, and took on a bad Lamb contract for Bregman. I hope he does not get his hand broke game 1!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Just traded Pham, Lux, my top two prospect draft picks, and took on a bad Lamb contract for Bregman. I hope he does not get his hand broke game 1!
        I am wondering how much post buzzer deflation will impact Bregman and Altuve and possible others? I would think $5 - $10 drop in auction prices if fellow owners believe this to be true. I for one will be staying away from Astro batters this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
          I am wondering how much post buzzer deflation will impact Bregman and Altuve and possible others? I would think $5 - $10 drop in auction prices if fellow owners believe this to be true. I for one will be staying away from Astro batters this year.
          I was worried about performance droop, but since he hit better on the road, I'm not really worried about that. I am worried about how getting booed and taunted all year will affect him on the road, and a possible suspension. Didn't they suspend Arod a year even without a failed test? It is possible they still pop him and Altuve, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            Just traded Pham, Lux, my top two prospect draft picks, and took on a bad Lamb contract for Bregman. I hope he does not get his hand broke game 1!
            Not a big fan of that deal...looks like more than a bit of n overpay to me. But then, I'm a big Pham guy, and giving up Lux and 2 top picks make it a no-go for me. But you know your league and there was a reason you did what you did...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Not a big fan of that deal...looks like more than a bit of n overpay to me. But then, I'm a big Pham guy, and giving up Lux and 2 top picks make it a no-go for me. But you know your league and there was a reason you did what you did...
              It is a keeper league with long term deals in play. I have Bregman for 4 years at $25. Had Pham ar $13 for 2 years. Inflation is near 100%, because we keep 15. So $25 is cheap for Bregman.

Painful part is I traded Yordan Alvarez for Pham last year. Oops.

Comment

• "Inflation is near 100%, because we keep 15."

there must be something else in play beyond that, no? my league keeps up to 11, but there are no more than a handful of players league-wide that would be kept if we had no limit - and this in spite of farmhands being only 5-S1 in their second full year. so adding slots would have barely minimal impact on inflation.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  I agree with this. Seems like a big overpay. Then again you know your league better than we do.

I also like Pham this year and Lux for the future. I would have made him choose between Lux or the top 2 draft picks not both.

I traded for Pham in my only this off season only to lose him with out compensation (I didn't see it coming).

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    I agree with this. Seems like a big overpay. Then again you know your league better than we do.

I also like Pham this year and Lux for the future. I would have made him choose between Lux or the top 2 draft picks not both.

I traded for Pham in my only this off season only to lose him with out compensation (I didn't see it coming).
                    I gave a lot, but Bregman for 4 years at 25 is worth a lot. Our keeper league leans a little dynasty, because we have 20 man minor leagues, keep 15 major leaguers at only $4 per year up to 6 years. It makes for insane inflation. Near 100%. So four years of 25 Bregman is worth a lot.
                    Last edited by Sour Masher; 01-18-2020, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      "Inflation is near 100%, because we keep 15."

there must be something else in play beyond that, no? my league keeps up to 11, but there are no more than a handful of players league-wide that would be kept if we had no limit - and this in spite of farmhands being only 5-S1 in their second full year. so adding slots would have barely minimal impact on inflation.
                      Every single good young player comes up through our minors, and we too have them 5s1 their second full year. The other weird bit is our raises our $4 per year, not 5, which, 27 years ago, was meant to incentive longer keeps, make it more dynasty like without going all the way. It is a little difference, but adds up over 210 keepers.

Plus, this is a mixed league, and when I say 100%, I mean it for top tier guys. All the extra money goes to the top tier talent, as it should imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
                        He was dropped in our winter roster cut down today. His salary is $40a. I picked him up and dropped a $2A Rengifo. Rengifo would not have made my final roster. I doubt Altuve will either. But I might be able to flip him. One owner has already told me he likes him.

Comment

• I’m most concerned about Altuve. Wrong side of 30 now, deteriorated SBs, and shows very interesting power results versus expected in timeframes where he’s known and/or suspected of cheating. I’m certainly not buying at anywhere near his second half 2019 figures. I won’t avoid him completely, but will drop out of the bidding in the low 20s.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Enjoy

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                              Interesting stuff...thanks!
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                                That's great stuff. What's interesting is that the 2017 Astros were actually better on the road (.654 Win%) than they were at home (.593 Win%).

Comment

Working...
                                X