No announcement yet.

2K21 - Houston Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, that is one awesome mural. Nothing for nothing, all due respect, and all that, but even Joe Kelly's mama probably never thought he would accomplish enough to get an awesome mural like that!

Comment

• Dodgers vs Astros game

Alden Gonzalez, ESPN Staff Writer

A sampling of the playlist from Dodgers organist Dieter Ruehle tonight:

"Lyin' Eyes," The Eagles;

"The Sign," Ace of Base;

"Bangin' on a Trash Can," Doug (yes, the cartoon);

"Mental Health (Bang Your Head)," Quiet Riot.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Relief pitcher Chris Devenski had arthroscopic surgery Tuesday to remove a bone spur from his right elbow.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Justin Verlander finally decides to have TJ surgery, so he's gone all next year too.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Justin Verlander finally decides to have TJ surgery, so he's gone all next year too.
            I have always liked JV and wish the Cubs had traded for him, but I also bet a buddy $100 that the Cubs would get more value from Hendricks' 4-year extension than the Astros would out of JV's 2-year extension. This was after he talked smack about Hendricks' extension. Cha-ching.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Astros extend Yuli Gurriel for one more year plus an option. Heard $7 mil for 2021.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                What a despicable organization.
                Mind you, I don't disagree with your conclusion, but weren't both Luhnow and Hinch fired and not rehired yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  Mind you, I don't disagree with your conclusion, but weren't both Luhnow and Hinch fired and not rehired yet?
                  They were, but that was at the behest/order of MLB. Apparently, the people who actually carried out the cheating not only remain employed, but none have faced any consequences.

And I'll bet that Hinch gets job in this coming off-seaon.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    They were, but that was at the behest/order of MLB. Apparently, the people who actually carried out the cheating not only remain employed, but none have faced any consequences.
                    I realize it's very liberal of me, but blaming lower-ranking video guys and assistant coaches doesn't appeal to me much. Though if you were talking about 40-game suspensions for Altuve, Bregman et al, I'm most definitely with you.

Agree with you on Hinch, though I can't imagine why a team would want to bring that on themselves.

Comment

I realize it's very liberal of me, but blaming lower-ranking video guys and assistant coaches doesn't appeal to me much. Though if you were talking about 40-game suspensions for Altuve, Bregman et al, I'm most definitely with you.

Agree with you on Hinch, though I can't imagine why a team would want to bring that on themselves.
                      Stripping them of their titles. Something akin to the death sentence in the NCAA, BUT because we are a capitalist country, when cheating/unethical behavior can make someone money--no one in power really gives a shit.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        Stripping them of their titles. Something akin to the death sentence in the NCAA, BUT because we are a capitalist country, when cheating/unethical behavior can make someone money--no one in power really gives a shit.
                        I guess that'd address the owner situation, but I doubt it would impact any of the players or Cora. I could be wrong. I just think hitting their wallet - and hard - immediately, and potentially wrecking free agent negotiation leverage would be a bigger hammer to the players.

Comment

I guess that'd address the owner situation, but I doubt it would impact any of the players or Cora. I could be wrong. I just think hitting their wallet - and hard - immediately, and potentially wrecking free agent negotiation leverage would be a bigger hammer to the players.
                          Fine away, suspend away. I don't think the Astros or Sawx should be eligible for post season play for a couple of years--that hit's em in the wallet too.
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Dusty is going to take a look at Myles Straw as a leadoff hitter during Spring Training. Doesn't mean it'll happen....but, man, what a value bump if it does.

Comment

• Framber Valdez has been diagnosed with a fractured left ring finger.
                              Valdez suffered the injury Tuesday in Grapefruit League play when he tried to field a comebacker off the bat of Francisco Lindor. He managed to stay in the game and complete his scheduled two innings, but testing conducted Wednesday revealed the broken bone in his pitching hand. There is no timetable for his return to action at this point. Valdez was going as the 33rd starting pitcher off the board in early Yahoo drafts after posting a 3.57 ERA, 1.118 WHIP, and 76/16 K/BB ratio over 70 2/3 innings for Houston in 2020.

Comment

Working...
                              X