It's Tourney Time!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Tourney Time!!!

The big boys kick off today as what promises to be 5 days of epic battle in New York start the Big East tourney. With 11 teams expected to make the tourney a lot of this is for seeding implications and it's gonna take a massive effort to win this thing. UConn and Villanova play the opening round which is a shocker but both have decent draws into the quarters (then facing potential #1 seeds Pitt and Notre Dame respectively). At stake:

Pitt: Probably a #1 seed already the only way that MIGHT change would be a one-and-done stint.
    Notre Dame: Some steam has a few experts already picking them as a #1 seed and a win will almost assure it.
    Louisville/Syracuse: Could be anywhere between a 4 and a 2 depending how they perform.
    SJU/WVU/Gtown: All in the 4-7 range, could get caught in procedural shifting of seed.
    UConn/Nova/Marquette/Cincy: Marquette is probably the only team that could push out of the bracket with a terrible showing but most likely these teams are playing for seeds. If any of them (especially Nova or Uconn) can pull this thing off, they could move to a protected seed.

Also it should be noted the addition of four at-large teams is barely impacting the possible 11 bids for the league as none of these teams are widely considered on the borderline and Marquette might be the only true "bubble" team here.

...and USF upsets Nova.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      ...and USF upsets Nova.
      Once in the discussion for the top line nova has fallen far fast. They might actually be a casualty of the league and their pathetic stretch run as the committee might choose them to stay out to keep the league bids to a minimum. based on their entire profile they no doubt deserve a bid but they have been losing like it's their job. Read a stat that they would be the first team EVER to enter the tourney on a 5-game losing streak.

Comment

Nova was up 16 in that one and just crapped the bed.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Nova went to that stall offense where they ran the shot clock down trying to slow down the game, but failed to get good shots, while USF got hot. Kept waiting for Wright to pick up the pace, but he kept stalling.

I really wanted my Bearcats to get a shot at Nova on a neutral court after the 33 FT attempts, many on ticky tack calls, they got against Cincinnati when they played Nova in their bandbox arena. Especially now that the Bearcats are playing with confidence. Bring on the Bulls.

Comment

Call of the day- Rutgers over the Johnnies.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              Call of the day- Rutgers over the Johnnies.
              Shoulda been... Refs bit the big one down the stretch

Makes me hope even more Cuse smacks the sh!t outta the Johnnies on their floor... again

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
                Shoulda been... Refs bit the big one down the stretch

Makes me hope even more Cuse smacks the sh!t outta the Johnnies on their floor... again
                yea, they were ripe for the picking.

Cuse is going to take care of the Storm. The time I fear right now is UConn.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  yea, they were ripe for the picking.

Cuse is going to take care of the Storm. The time I fear right now is UConn.
                  I would love to see UConn take down Pitt and then have the face Cuse on their fourth straight day of ball.

Comment

The Cuse needs to get it going in the 2ns half. I think their zone can give UConn fits on their tired legs tomorrow if they can make it past the Johnnies.

Hopefully my Bearcats can stay hot and cool off Notre Dame tonight.

Comment

2 great ones today. Clutch playing by the Huskies and the Cuse rolls on in a squeaker.........

Comment

Good win Cuse. Hopefully the Bearcats can extend the string of 2nd seed losing in the double bye. In the previous 2 years of the double bye, the No. 2 seed has never won. Hopefully it is another exciting game.

Comment

Originally posted by davidgrey View Post
                          Good win Cuse. Hopefully the Bearcats can extend the string of 2nd seed losing in the double bye. In the previous 2 years of the double bye, the No. 2 seed has never won. Hopefully it is another exciting game.
                          Ouch

I don't believe in karma or anything and it's sad to see a kid have to miss the NCAAs due to injury but had Rutgers pulled out the game against the Johnnies, D.J. Kennedy would be getting ready to play the first round next week.

Comment

My Bearcats ran into a buzzsaw last night. We were a step slow and ND was on fire and could not miss. They are very impressive and pass so well and once you try to take away the 3, they kill you cutting to the hoop. Your bigs have to come away from the basket to guard since they can all shoot from deep. I was impressed with ND coming in and thought it was an iffy matchup for us, but came away really impressed and really do think this is a Final 4 type team. At least we get to rest up and get Wright and Bishop healthy for the next week.

Best of luck to the Orange the rest of the way.

Comment

yea ND played a great game. I dont think any big east team beats them last night.

Comment

Working...
                              X