Fantasy Football Mock Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by griswold View Post
    Really? I'm thinking that Andre Brown (when healthy) will share carries with him, don't you? He was a beast when Bradshaw was hurt and Wilson was in the "doghouse".

Are you hearing different out of Giants camp?
    Yeah, agree with Petey. Wilson is a home run hitter. He does have fumble-itis, and that could land him in the doghouse or even potentially derail his burgeoning career (Coughlin is an anti-fumbler), but if he can overcome that, he'll be an elite player. Brown is more of a change-of-pace type.

Comment

• I don't think Brown and Wilson will be more than a couple rounds apart in actual value.

Wilson checks in a solid RB2 for me (top 16 or so), I would not go near him in the first or second rd.

Comment

• Wilson-Brown will probably look like Bradshaw-Jacobs workload-wise. Was Bradshaw a 1st rounder those years? No. Was he a second rounder? Sometimes.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Andre Brown did a very nice job last year and will get touches but make no mistake about Wilson. The boy is going to be a top 10 RB for quite some time.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Ok, if you say so....I'm not buying it until I see Wilson play more (when Brown is healthy) and fumble less...

I'm definitely not drafting Wilson in the first two rounds.

Comment

• after a thorough discussion/review with JDII, I think Wilson is a late 2nd round/early-to-mid 3rd round pick as of today.

Comment

• Originally posted by griswold View Post
                Ok, if you say so....I'm not buying it until I see Wilson play more (when Brown is healthy) and fumble less...

I'm definitely not drafting Wilson in the first two rounds.
                Not sure how many times he fumbled last year but he is listed as losing one. I think its being a bit overblown because he was benched for it on opening night.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  Not sure how many times he fumbled last year but he is listed as losing one. I think its being a bit overblown because he was benched for it on opening night.
                  Agree...that was one of the biggest overreaction on a coaches part that I've ever seen. I didn't watch Giants games close enough to be sure, but sitting Wilson for as long as he did may have cost the Giants a playoff spot.

As far as Brown is concerned, he's a nice short yardage guy, but Wilson has very special talents.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    but sitting Wilson for as long as he did may have cost the Giants a playoff spot.
                    Atrocious play by their secondary in most games and Eli in some games cost the Giants a playoff spot.

The Giants led the division most of the time while Wilson was on the bench. When they blew their division lead late in the season, he was playing on offense again.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                      Atrocious play by their secondary in most games and Eli in some games cost the Giants a playoff spot.

The Giants led the division most of the time while Wilson was on the bench. When they blew their division lead late in the season, he was playing on offense again.
                      So, they lost to Philly by two and the Steelers by 4, Wilson couldn't have made a difference in those games? Bradshaw was the top rusher with 39 yards in the Philly game, and Bradshaw was again the leading rusher against Pittsburgh with 48 yards...now I'm not saying that they would have won, but having a gamebreaker in the line-up surely wouldn't have hurt.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• The biggest concern about Wilson is his inability to block in obvious passing situations. That is potentially a lot of time watching instead of playing.

Comment

• Every rookie has that issue coming in.

Comment

• I think it has more to do with the fact that he just doesn't know how to block and his size makes it more apparent. Pickup is one issue, knowing how to block is the second.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDII View Post
                              I think it has more to do with the fact that he just doesn't know how to block and his size makes it more apparent. Pickup is one issue, knowing how to block is the second.
                              Blocking is the easiest thing to do in football, the technique is fairly easily taught, the attitude to put your nose in there and do it well is not.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Until I have to stand in front of an all pro linebacker who has a few steps worth of momentum, I will withhold judgement.

Comment

Working...
                                X