No announcement yet.

*** VD 4 Sign Up Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pogues hasn't shown up again. He posted in the VD4 thread regarding the auction idea ... but expressed no preference here. I'll try contacting him one last time.

We'll double blind tonight, and then officially kick it off tomorrow.

So far we have 11 in:

Johnny
    Eldiablo
    Revo
    Heyelander
    Hacko
    Stephen
    TS Garp
    Slasher
    Frae
    B-Fly
    TheGirl

Comment

so before we get started -- no era restrictions? It's not so much modern vs. deadball hitters, because both generally had the same amount of ABs. But with the pitchers, these deadballers had twice as many innings as the more modern guys. I fear it ending up as deadball starters with modern closers, and nothing really in between.

I'd be in favor of maxing out at 3 deadball pitchers as the only restriction.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        so before we get started -- no era restrictions? It's not so much modern vs. deadball hitters, because both generally had the same amount of ABs. But with the pitchers, these deadballers had twice as many innings as the more modern guys. I fear it ending up as deadball starters with modern closers, and nothing really in between.

I'd be in favor of maxing out at 3 deadball pitchers as the only restriction.
        It's been done now ... those big years will l be shared out soon enough, and letters will mean there should be an even enough spread.

The big 1880's guys were all getting picked anyway

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          I have no idea what this sentence means. What's been done? Big years will I be shared? Letters mean enough spread?
          Revo wanted ERA restrictions for deadballer pitchers back. I really don't think it will make a huge difference ... and if we're doing a BY draft ... those are the best statistical years. I thought that was the point of this format ... it's not like it's a fair reflection of player skill.

But since some drafters may have already fixed a ranking list based on the previous statement that there are no period restrictions, I can't go changing it now ... one day before.

Just letter.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            Revo wanted ERA restrictions for deadballer pitchers back. I really don't think it will make a huge difference ... and if we're doing a BY draft ... those are the best statistical years. I thought that was the point of this format ... it's not like it's a fair reflection of player skill.

But since some drafters may have already fixed a ranking list based on the previous statement that there are no period restrictions, I can't go changing it now ... one day before.

Just letter.
            I assume that even though we're only drafting seasons, each player can only be selected once, correct? So once an 1880's pitcher's best year is gone, no one else can draft his second-best year or third-best year.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
              I assume that even though we're only drafting seasons, each player can only be selected once, correct? So once an 1880's pitcher's best year is gone, no one else can draft his second-best year or third-best year.
              correctamundo!

Comment

i think my rankings suck.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

position is still based on 200 career games? Or some number of games played in that season?

Comment

I'm off to bed. I've requested the double blind. I'll open the PM's in the morning ... we'll re-draw if someone else joins overnight.

Comment

Johnny, clear out your PMs. I have the randomized name list ready.
                      Done ...

I have the number list ... just waiting for the name list.
                      Last edited by johnnya24; 12-13-2012, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Well, crapola. I guess I should have read this before posting what I just posted.

TheGirl, you can feel free to tell me to f*ck off now. It's what all the cool kids do.
                        Why thank you!

Comment

Numbers:

Names:

Frae
                          Stephen
                          TS Garp
                          Heyelander
                          Johnny
                          Hacko
                          B-Fly
                          Revo
                          Slasher
                          Eldiablo
                          TheGirl

Draft Order:

1 Frae
                          2 B-Fly
                          3 Eldiablo
                          4 Revo
                          5 Hacko
                          6 Slasher
                          7 TheGirl
                          8 TS Garp
                          9 Stephen
                          10 Heyelander
                          11 Johnny

Comment

the commentary thread seems to be about a draft we aren't doing... the Sign-up thread seems to be the commentary one... I'm so confused!

Comment

Best we just close this thread ... keep everything in the Draft and Commentary Threads from now on.

Comment

Working...
                              X