*** VD 4 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I'd assume you would get him for 1$. Basically everyone would want to bid on just about every player (In my opinion) to prevent someone getting a good player for $1. The trick is figuring out how high you want to go on a player you might not really want to prevent the other guys from getting a steal.
    I suppose there is a lot of scope for tactical nominations and the like.

What is the budget? $360?

Do we need to change the roster?

Comment

I think an auction would be as slow as molasses.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        We averaged about a round per day in this last draft I think. We should only be moderately slower. Or we could try to do a round a day, kind of hard though if someone has a busy day.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          I suppose there is a lot of scope for tactical nominations and the like.

What is the budget? $360?

Do we need to change the roster?
          Budget is negotiable. Typically they are 26 or 260 for some reason, but it all scales so it is arbitrary. Roster/scoring can be whatever we want
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

1 round per weekday day (or thereabouts) ... 1 round over the weekend.

4.5 (say 4.5-6 weeks) weeks for a 27 round draft ... that would be a pretty fast draft

EDIT: we'd probably go back to a 23 round draft.
            Last edited by johnnya24; 12-10-2012, 02:54 PM.

Comment

1 round per weekday day (or thereabouts) ... 1 round over the weekend.

4.5 (say 4.5-6 weeks) weeks for a 27 round draft ... that would be a pretty fast draft
              We could also have everyone start out providing 2 names. So we would always have the "on deck" draft available ahead of time for people to plan if they are going to be busy for a day.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Old Hoss is counting down his Top 100 players and it's pure gold:

twitter.com/OldHossRadbourn

I consider the fact that he follows me to be one of my bigger accomplishments.

Comment

thinking more about it... this will be an entertaining one off thing, but I don't really like the format. It will be nice to get away from the standard picks though.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

so which is it? The BY-only snake draft or the auction?

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                      Old Hoss is counting down his Top 100 players and it's pure gold:

twitter.com/OldHossRadbourn

I consider the fact that he follows me to be one of my bigger accomplishments.
                      #82: "Kid" Nichols. Trash. Never won more than 31 games. Earned his moniker from a Shanghai madam after she espied his manhood.

Comment

so which is it? The BY-only snake draft or the auction?
                        i think we are doing the BY thing. this is just lingering conversation that johnny unilaterally ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          i think we are doing the BY thing. this is just lingering conversation that johnny unilaterally ignored.
                          Well I mentioned I was not qualified to run an auction, and if I left it, we'd all be looking at a virtual blank wall with nothing happening.

So I decided with the holidays coming up to get something simple going. A couple people had been asking BY only for a while now, and it seemed like a good draft to get some new folk interested.

Auction and peak period is still going to happen ... just after new year. We can use the interim period to discuss formats, rules and try to spot the loopholes and problems.

Comment

Well I mentioned I was not qualified to run an auction, and if I left it, we'd all be looking at a virtual blank wall with nothing happening.

So I decided with the holidays coming up to get something simple going. A couple people had been asking BY only for a while now, and it seemed like a good draft to get some new folk interested.

Auction and peak period is still going to happen ... just after new year. We can use the interim period to discuss formats, rules and try to spot the loopholes and problems.
                            If I recall, Pogues volunteered to run the auction. As far as problems we might want to auction off fewer players at a time for the first round or two and then at the end we might run some problems. I've only heard a few people indicate much interest. I'd do it as long as we got 5 or 6...
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I was just bustin' balls

Comment

So just to be clear - it's a draft and not an auction right? I'm not sure my noobness is ready to dive into a VD auction.

Comment

Working...
                                X