No announcement yet.

Dodge Charger.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most people spend alot of time in their cars, so might as well make it fun. You're going to have a smile on your face every time you press the pedal.

Comment

Congrats, Gregg!

Two comments I'd like to make:

1) For car values and reviews, I like to use edmunds.com. I find it to be fairly reliable and reasonably unbiased. When used in conjunction with cars.com or vehix.com, it really allows you to do your homework before buying (or selling).

2) I bought my first "new" car in March 2011. I'm using the quotes because I've bought other cars before, but I've never bought a new car for myself. Admittedly, this one was almost new - 4995 miles on it b/c they were using it as a loaner.

Since I do a ton of driving, I've always focused on cars that were good on gas. Before this I had a '98 Honda Civic DX 5-speed hatch. The only reason I sold the Honda was because I was having to drive my daughter more and more and realized that I didn't feel entirely safe with only 2 air bags in the car (and none of them near her).

Never thought I would buy a Volvo, but the C30 moves man. It's a lot safer for my kids. And I just took it in for it's 45k service.
      "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
      "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
        Congrats, Gregg!

Two comments I'd like to make:

1) For car values and reviews, I like to use edmunds.com. I find it to be fairly reliable and reasonably unbiased. When used in conjunction with cars.com or vehix.com, it really allows you to do your homework before buying (or selling).

2) I bought my first "new" car in March 2011. I'm using the quotes because I've bought other cars before, but I've never bought a new car for myself. Admittedly, this one was almost new - 4995 miles on it b/c they were using it as a loaner.

Since I do a ton of driving, I've always focused on cars that were good on gas. Before this I had a '98 Honda Civic DX 5-speed hatch. The only reason I sold the Honda was because I was having to drive my daughter more and more and realized that I didn't feel entirely safe with only 2 air bags in the car (and none of them near her).

Never thought I would buy a Volvo, but the C30 moves man. It's a lot safer for my kids. And I just took it in for it's 45k service.
        Absolutely LOVE LOVE the C30. The Polestar is my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Well the wait is over. My wife and I made the deal last night. A Red 2012 Charger R/T. Woo Hoo. This is the first car I have owned since 1999 (3 vans in that time). It will get better gas mileage than my 2007 Caravan.

I haven't kept up with cars as I wasn't in the market. It is going to take me a long time to get good with the technology that this offers. The salesman went through it, but man is there a lot to learn. When I am on the highway it drops from 8 cylinders to 4. I am told that 30-31 mpg is not uncommon. When you mash it, all come to life instantly, no bog. It goes very fast without being insane. Way more than I need and just about right for my wants.

It is a much different kind of excitement than getting a new van.

I feel like a little kid at Christmas.
          Made the final payment on the Charger this month. It is still running strong with 172K miles on it. It is still fun to drive.

Comment

Wow that is some power miles put on that car.
            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
              Wow that is some power miles put on that car.
              seriously, I've got 178 on my 2005 Prius and I drove that across country...

I use to put 20k on it early, but working from home the last 5 years, it gets very little use. I'm lucky if I put like 7k on it. It's going to be a pain to drag it across 200k at this rate. I'd really like to hit that, but I'm in a race with when RJEL girl will want something new. At that point, she'll sell her car along to me and she'll get a new one.

I really hope to never have a car payment again in my lifetime.

Oh, and just to be super lame... her car is a 2011 Prius... she thinks she will buy a new one. My brother is driving his 2011 Prius (he traded in his 2005 for it), my Mom has a 2015 (she traded in her 2009 2 years ago), and my dad has a 2018.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                seriously, I've got 178 on my 2005 Prius and I drove that across country...

I use to put 20k on it early, but working from home the last 5 years, it gets very little use. I'm lucky if I put like 7k on it. It's going to be a pain to drag it across 200k at this rate. I'd really like to hit that, but I'm in a race with when RJEL girl will want something new. At that point, she'll sell her car along to me and she'll get a new one.

I really hope to never have a car payment again in my lifetime.

Oh, and just to be super lame... her car is a 2011 Prius... she thinks she will buy a new one. My brother is driving his 2011 Prius (he traded in his 2005 for it), my Mom has a 2015 (she traded in her 2009 2 years ago), and my dad has a 2018.
                I was to be car payment free in 2 years. Got rear-ended in Sept, paid my wife's car off and now I have a car payment for 6 years. Ugh!
                Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                  I was to be car payment free in 2 years. Got rear-ended in Sept, paid my wife's car off and now I have a car payment for 6 years. Ugh!
                  I buy used cars all the time, and I've been pretty lucky. Every once in a while, I'll have to drop a grand into a repair, but it's cheaper than a 300 buck or more payment per month. Insurance is cheaper too.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

My company toyed with the idea of making us buy our own cars and giving us a monthly allowance instead - thank jeebus they came to their senses and stuck with the status quo. I put 30-35K miles on my car every year and that sort of wear-and-tear would not have been accounted for in the allowance they were offering.

Comment

Working...
                    X