16-team league - QB Connundrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16-team league - QB Connundrum

This is a crazy league that I've been in for 20 years. This year, it's a 16-team league (3rd time we've had that many owners). I walked away from the auction with the following team ($200 budget)

QB Matt Cassell $2
    RB Arian Foster $75
    RB Chris Johnson $59
    WR Roddy White $45
    WR Emmanuel Sanders $1
    Flex Jonathan Stewart $6
    TE Jared Cook $1
    K Lawrence Tynes
    Def Giants $1
    Bench: Jacquizz Rodgers ($4), John Skelton ($1), Brandon Stokely ($1), Broncos D ($1), Nate Burleson ($1), Donald Driver ($1)

The league has 2 pots - the normal H2H title and a roto-style overall. Overall has you competing over the course of the of the full 17 week season in the following categories - Comp %, TD-INT, Pass Yds, Rush Yds, Recepts, Rec Yds, TDs, FG%, Sacks, TOs, Pts Allowed by D (excludes Defensive TDs since that team's defense wasn't out there to defend)

The head to head portion is practically TD only, but the yardage of the score is tacked on at the rate of 1 pt for every 10 yards. So a 40-yard TD catch is 10 points. A 33-yard FG is 3.3 points (yardage on FGs starts after 30 yards).

After adds and drops, here is my current roster:

QBs - Mark Sanchez, Blaine Gabbert
    RBs - Foster, CJ, Rodgers, Stewart
    WRs - White, Sanders, Andre Roberts, Armon Binns, Harry Douglas
    TE - Cook
    K - Tynes
    D - Broncos, Giants

I just picked up Sanchez and dropped Cassel. I'm in talks to trade for either Flacco or Tannehill. My thinking is that a lot more QBs have their Bye in the next 2 weeks and that would open up the trade market if I could hang in for a bit longer.

I've been going back and forth with the Flacco owner for a bit. I think he's been asking way too much for him. At one point, he offered MJD, Mike Wallace and Flacco for Foster and a throw-in. I turned him down gently pointing out the Ravens tough schedule and that the point of the deal was to focus on upgrading the QB. (If I'm giving up Foster, I need a top flight QB in return.) This morning, I get this offer:

Flacco and Ronnie Hillman for Chris Johnson and Armon Binns. What would you do with this?
    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Is it a keeper or no?

As bad as CJ has been, you would have no RB depth at all. Not sure who would even step in as your #2 RB at this stage.

The Foster offer was actually very good, IMO.

Comment

no keeper

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        The Foster offer was actually very good, IMO.
        I agree with Ed. What is your starting lineup now? Do you start 2 WRs or 3? Is there a Flex spot?

QB: Sanchez/Gabbert
        RB: Foster
        RB: C. Johnson
        WR: Rod. White
        WR: Roberts
        Flex: J. Stewart
        TE: Cook
        K: Tynes
        DEF: NYG/DEN

With the Foster deal, you get an upgrade at QB (Flacco over Sanchez & Gabbert). You downgrade at RB but MJD still is a Top 10 guy for sure. You also get a WR1 in Wallace. I think that I'd really consider this deal.
        14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
        RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
        WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
        TE: Olsen (NA)
        K: Lutz (7)
        DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

I'm in agreement with Revo and JW, that trade with Foster is a really good deal for you.

Remember,in a 16 team league, it's all about depth!

That trade would give you depth and improve your QB situation.

I know you have a strange scoring method, but in a standard scoring league, Flacco is ranked 10th in total pts and is 50% in consistency. Sanchez is 29th in total pts and 17% in consistency. Flacco is a significant upgrade.

I'd go for it.

Comment

Start 2 RB, 2 WR and a flex.

I actually ended up doing a different deal. One owner was sitting on Stafford and Dalton, so I dealt CJ2K and Jacquizz for Dalton and Ben Tate. I also dumped Gabbert for John Skelton and dumped Harry Douglas for Ruben Randle. So now:

QB: Dalton
            RB: Foster, Jon Stewart
            WR: R White, Roberts
            Flex: Binns, Tate or Sanders dep on matchup

I could also deal from my WR depth for a RB in a time-share to upgrade my flex.

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
              Start 2 RB, 2 WR and a flex.

I actually ended up doing a different deal. One owner was sitting on Stafford and Dalton, so I dealt CJ2K and Jacquizz for Dalton and Ben Tate. I also dumped Gabbert for John Skelton and dumped Harry Douglas for Ruben Randle. So now:

QB: Dalton
              RB: Foster, Jon Stewart
              WR: R White, Roberts
              Flex: Binns, Tate or Sanders dep on matchup

I could also deal from my WR depth for a RB in a time-share to upgrade my flex.
              I liked the Foster deal alot better. It would have given you:

QB: Flacco
              RB: MJD
              RB: CJ2K
              WR: Wallace
              WR: Rod. White
              Flex: Stewart or Roberts
              TE: Cook
              K: Tynes
              DEF: NYG or DEN

Not sure if the MJD owner didn't want to do the deal any more or if you just didn't want to trade Foster. Either way, good luck to ya. I hope it works out well for you.
              14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
              RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
              WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
              TE: Olsen (NA)
              K: Lutz (7)
              DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Working...
              X