• Show
Clear All

• 1-game eligibility alert

Zobrist is starting at shortstop today

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
    Zobrist is starting at shortstop today
    get to five by Sunday you bastard zobbieee

Comment

For those weird leagues that have a 1 game eligibility rule, Yasiel Puig played at 3rd base Friday night.

Dodgers' Yasiel Puig makes one-pitch debut at third base
      Yasiel Puig, RF, LAD
      by Igor Mello | CBSSports.com
      (15 hrs ago) Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig came in from right field to play third base in a five-man infield to prevent the winning run from scoring Friday night against Arizona. Puig's stint at third base lasted only one pitch, as Ender Inciarte roped a walkoff single past first baseman Adrian Gonzalez that gave Arizona a 4-3 victory in 10 innings.
      Manager Don Mattingly told reporters after the game that Puig saw some work at third during spring training, per MLB.com.

"I didn't want them to hit it to him," Mattingly said. "When we worked on it (in Spring Training), he was the best guy of the three in the outfield. Actually, his hands are pretty good. Put him on that side because it's the last place the ball will be hit."

Puig said he has no desire to take Juan Uribe's spot at third base.

"I like shortstop," Puig said. "I can catch the ball."
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Carlos Gomez to played 2B on Friday night

Comment

My 1-game eligibility league didn't give Puig 3B eligibility

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
            My 1-game eligibility league didn't give Puig 3B eligibility
            I don'r see how they can deny it...he played the position, even if it's not listed in the box score. Bullshit ruling IMO...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

For one pitch though? What about the times when they shift and the third basemen plays on the first base side of second base, should they get second base eligibility? Moving an outfielder in as the fifth infielder for a situation like that shouldn't count as playing that position. RotoWorld does not have him as playing a game at third either, nor does OnRoto.
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

That's why we require 5 games. Avoids the gimmickry.

Comment

the box scores does not recognizes puig playing 3B so it doesnt count

Comment

On the other hand, Carlos Gomez's 2B is recognized. Yessssssssssssssssss!
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      On the other hand, Carlos Gomez's 2B is recognized. Yessssssssssssssssss!
                      If we had one game vs five, that would singlehandedly fix my lineup problems!

Comment

I just drafted Puig and Carlos Gomez and would absolutely love to slam them into my infield in my 1 game eligibility 12 team NL only league!
                        Last edited by Fresno Bob; 04-12-2015, 09:03 PM.
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I thought this thread was for players that needed one game to gain a new position. That would be useful knowledge.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                            I thought this thread was for players that needed one game to gain a new position. That would be useful knowledge.

J
                            We can shoehorn that in as well - 5 games, 10 games, 20 games - different leagues have different requirements.

I'm guessing most guys who are playing a new position now qualify there in 5-game leagues (Hanley in the OF, Semien at SS, etc.)

Comment

I once was able to move Kirby Puckett to 2B under the 1-game rule for most of a season. sweet.

I have Puig and wish he qualified at 3B and I had known it yesterday. But no, he doesn't qualify.
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                              X