Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the worst thing that ever happened to you on a date ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think of Hammer's story every Passover. When someone overhears me muttering, "I hope they're not serving pot roast," I get some very strange looks.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
      Whatever happened to that story? Was it brought over from the old site? I remember simultaneously feeling bad for Pete...but laughing uncontrollably while reading it.
      Nevermind...I found it (or at least this abbreviated version of it).
      2021 Auction Anatomy
      2021 Keeper Decisions
      2020 Auction Anatomy
      2020 Pre-Auction
      2015 Auction Anatomy
      2014 Auction Anatomy
      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

A woman's version of a Hammer-like story? http://www.mtv.com/news/2798040/blot...xrs=_s.tw_news
        2021 Auction Anatomy
        2021 Keeper Decisions
        2020 Auction Anatomy
        2020 Pre-Auction
        2015 Auction Anatomy
        2014 Auction Anatomy
        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

not one mention of the friarfan chronicles in a thread about the worst thing that happened to you on a date?!?
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

This is not the worst, but it's a silly story. On one of my wife's and mine first dates we were at a "fancy" restaurant. One of the waitresses walked past our table and I admit my eyes wandered a bit as she was wearing a very short skirt. (I'm terrible). Anyway, I look back and my future wife is busy dabbing the white table cloth with a napkin. Apparently, she had eaten a cherry tomato from her salad, bit it in the middle and it sprayed tomato bits and seeds all over the table while my head was turned.

Now before you get started on me, my wife NEVER minded if she ever caught me looking at another woman. She said that just proved that I was a guy and that my heart was still beating! Rats, now I'm tearing up again.

Comment

Working...
            X