*** Vintage Draft 3 - Sign Up Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
    I'm in if we can get enough people together.
    We should get 10 pretty easy ... that would make for a very interesting (and fast) draft.

Comment

psssssh this is dumb

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        We should get 10 pretty easy ... that would make for a very interesting (and fast) draft.
        unfortunately, rotojunkie is now blocked at my work. Sooooo....i'm still interested but i don't want to hold everyone up and make the draft drag along
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          unfortunately, rotojunkie is now blocked at my work. Sooooo....i'm still interested but i don't want to hold everyone up and make the draft drag along
          Shouldn't be a problem ... we have always had drafters who can only check at work, or from home. Frae usually cannot check at work, and we update him through email. As long as we know when you can and cannot pick, it's not an issue.

Same goes for anyone who has RJ blocked at work ... if you let us know we can forward an email or text no problem.

Comment

Shouldn't be a problem ... we have always had drafters who can only check at work, or from home. Frae usually cannot check at work, and we update him through email. As long as we know when you can and cannot pick, it's not an issue.

Same goes for anyone who has RJ blocked at work ... if you let us know we can forward an email or text no problem.
            Yeah I have done most of the drafts with people emailing me updates. Not that my success or lack there of should be an endorsement for this method.

Comment

sounds good
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Sorry guys, I am out this time.

Comment

Can't get in touch with Scott / Controller Jacobs ... maybe Heyelander can oblige?

Emails sent to the others.

Comment

email sent.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

apologies - I'm out
                      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Johnny, sorry but I'm gonna have to bail on this one.

Comment

So here's where we stand ...

JohnnyA
                          ElDiablo
                          Hacko
                          Heyelander (in I think)
                          Frae
                          TS Garp
                          Feral Slasher
                          Joncarlos (if we have no KO's)

With Pogues and mjl still to check in.

It will be a 8-11 person draft, which should create a completely different dynamic than any draft we have had before. I need to get this going by the end of the week, because I'll be busy again after that, so I don't want to be having to chase things up then.

Polls are still in the balance, and turnout is low ... we need everyone to vote here. If we don't get enough votes soon I'll abandon democracy and create a VD oligarchy with one or two others ... VD's very own Bilderberg Group. Democracy has been abandoned before in VD land.

Format: 3 Letters 2 Decades
                          KO's: 4 yes 2 no (if we include JC as a no vote)

Comment

Alright ... democracy was suspended (no real consensus, small voter pool).

Here is the format:

Letters (last name)
                            No KO's this time
                            4 extra draft slots (P,P,INF,UTIL)
                            2 Wildcard Letters

Note: that means all 5 QUIZY's will be selected ... which will be fine as far as the player pool is concerned because we are drafting short-handed for once.

Despite the 4 extra slots, this will be the shallowest VD ever ... and also probably the fastest. Should be interesting.

Will give the regs who haven't replied one last chance. Then I'll up the draft order draft ... that will give everyone time to realise we are go.

JohnnyA
                            ElDiablo
                            Hacko
                            Heyelander
                            Frae
                            TS Garp
                            Feral Slasher
                            Joncarlos

Still waiting on:

mjl (is he a regular on the site off-draft times?)
                            Pogues (has posted in the Sports Bar, but has not replied to PM's and emails)
                            B-Fly (almost certainly out based on previous drafts)
                            Last edited by johnnya24; 11-05-2012, 01:17 PM.

Comment

if it's this small, do the letters and decades!
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                if it's this small, do the letters and decades!
                                I would sooner do that also ... maybe we can convince the others peeps for the next draft ... this one will go fast. I can see us churning out 4 rounds some days.

If anyone sees Pogues and MJL posting in another thread ... grab them by the scruff and drag them over here.

Comment

Working...
                                X