Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects (Mid-Season Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
    Spring? If Harvey pitches well tonight in AAA there's a really good chance he's making his major league debut Saturday vs the Dodgers and hopefully sticking in the rotation the rest of the season. Wheeler is most definitely ahead of Harvey in the stuff category, but a level behind in the minors. He had a complete game shutout yesterday and if Harvey gets the call to the big leagues Wheeler is no doubt going to be bumped up to AAA. From there he's a Chris Young injury away from making it to majors himself.

As for next years rotation alot is going to depend on the rest of this season obviously. If Harvey has some success right away that bodes well for him having the upper hand at a rotation spot. There's definitely room as Young won't be there and Gee is hardly a road block. There will probably be a spring battle between Harvey/Wheeler/Gee for the 2 open spots in the rotation.
    Yeah, I agree pretty much w what rotorooter said. Pelfrey is coming back at some pt too, but I really dont see anyone keeping either Harvey or Wheeler out of the rotation if they continue to pitch well. There's room for both along w Santana, Dickey and Niese.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
      Yeah, I agree pretty much w what rotorooter said. Pelfrey is coming back at some pt too, but I really dont see anyone keeping either Harvey or Wheeler out of the rotation if they continue to pitch well. There's room for both along w Santana, Dickey and Niese.

I think you're underestimating Gee.

Comment

So no great Tony Cingrani love? He's torn it up in two levels so far this season, and looks to have developed that off speed pitch that he needed to be a starter...thoughts?
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          So no great Tony Cingrani love? He's torn it up in two levels so far this season, and looks to have developed that off speed pitch that he needed to be a starter...thoughts?
          he has one pitch.
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
            he has one pitch.
            Must be the greatest pitch in the history of baseball then...WELL over a K per inning, along with a 1.36 ERA. BTW, you're wrong about that one pitch...this from Kevin Goldstein of BP:

His fastball sits in the low 90s, touching 95, and he misses just as many bats with a plus changeup that features plenty of deception with the same delivery. His hybrid breaking ball has shown some progress this year, and if it improves to merely average, he's suddenly a very real starting prospect.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

I started another thread about him a while back, it's only three down from this one!

He's having an amazing season. I hope he can keep it up but he's really only had one bad game all year. The Reds rotation is going to be tough to break into before 2014 though -- Arroyo is the obvious replacement and he's under contract through next year, everyone else has been pretty good and is still under team control.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Must be the greatest pitch in the history of baseball then...WELL over a K per inning, along with a 1.36 ERA. BTW, you're wrong about that one pitch...this from Kevin Goldstein of BP:
                I'd quicker believe Keith Law:
                Dave (Connecticut)
                Just curious as to where Tony Cingrani would fall if you were to rank another 50 prospects? Thanks.
                Klaw
                (1:12 PM)
                Probably in the last 25. Scouts like him but he's doing this more or less with one pitch.
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                  I started another thread about him a while back, it's only three down from this one!

He's having an amazing season. I hope he can keep it up but he's really only had one bad game all year. The Reds rotation is going to be tough to break into before 2014 though -- Arroyo is the obvious replacement and he's under contract through next year, everyone else has been pretty good and is still under team control.
                  Plus if they were smart they'd move Chapman to the rotation next year.
                  I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

rhd, you are looking like a prophet. Jose Bautista is going to the 15 day DL, which should mean Gose is going to the show. He was pulled from the game last night.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                      rhd, you are looking like a prophet. Jose Bautista is going to the 15 day DL, which should mean Gose is going to the show. He was pulled from the game last night.

J
                      And I never even knew I was psychic! ; ) Bad news for me, tho, since I have Bautista in 1 league that I'm trying to remain in contention in and in which I really need help in the power categories : (

Comment

Thanx for the response, Hornsby.

Well, he did make the list. Yes, he's having a great season, but there is uncertainty about whether he'll be a starter in MLB, so he's farther down. There are similar concerns about Ventura, who's also having a great year, which is one reason why they're ranked next to each other. I've noted the comment by Goldstein as well as the one by Law, and I'll be on the lookout for more favorable info about him. When I see it, I'll move him up.

Comment

I am loving your list. My dynasty team has 5 of your top 25. Gose is probably my favorite, since his playing time is locked in by his defense and the wheels rock.

We cannot add anyone that is not on Yahoo, meaning actually in MLB for the most part. Players like Springer and Walker are not available until they get a cup of coffee. Are there any likely call ups to watch for?

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I'm going to guess that Addison Russell moves way up your list (after not being on it). Seems to be making the A's look smarter than many gave them credit for at the time of the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                              I am loving your list. My dynasty team has 5 of your top 25. Gose is probably my favorite, since his playing time is locked in by his defense and the wheels rock.

We cannot add anyone that is not on Yahoo, meaning actually in MLB for the most part. Players like Springer and Walker are not available until they get a cup of coffee. Are there any likely call ups to watch for?

J
                              Thanx again for the props, onejayhawk.

There could possibly be lots of call-ups from the upper end of my Top 150. How much playing time they'll get is another question. First, Hamilton and Bundy might be called up to help out w the playoff drive. Myers most likely will be a Sept callup. I would have expected Hultzen to be up by now, but he'll be up next month I'm sure. Bauer will be back up, and Skaggs probably will be, too. Jacob Turner may get recalled this week. Other likely Sept callups are Paxton, Hak Ju Lee, Odorizzi, Archer, W Peralta and Thornburg. As you can see, mostly pitchers. I would say Turner is the best bet for a regular spot, but the Brewers may try Peralta and/or Thornburg in the rotation, and KC may try Odorizzi also.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                                I'm going to guess that Addison Russell moves way up your list (after not being on it). Seems to be making the A's look smarter than many gave them credit for at the time of the draft.
                                Thanx for the response, Big Tymer.

Russell certainly is having a bang-up pro debut. BA ranked him #29 on their draftees list, so not a guy I would normally put on the list at this point. He's #201 rt now. I'm waiting for some recent scouting reports or other info on him before moving him (as well as Gallo) higher.

Comment

Working...
                                X