Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects (Mid-Season Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Thank you for sharing your work and thank you for personally responding to our questions.

My pickup of Adrelton Simmons certainly fits your list. How much of his increase is his being in the Show, and how much for long term value.

Also, any comments on Bogaerts and Hak JuLee?

J
    Thanx for the response, onejayhawk.

I bumped Simmons up quite a bit since the season started because he's 1) arrived a lot sooner than expected in MLB and 2) he's hit better than most expected him to hit, at least rt away. I thought about knocking him down a bit because of the injury, but it's not supposed to affect him long-term and he's likely to get the starting job back when he returns, so I didnt.

I dont have much more to say about Bogaerts and Lee than I said in the writeups a few months ago. Bogey seems to be progressing more or less as expected (#31 BA mid-season & #11 Sickels mid-season). Lee got off to a bad start but has hit a lot better over the last month or so, so I didnt knock him down too much. I had expected him to get a MLB callup in the 2nd half. His slow start probably has delayed that but the SS situation in Tampa seems so dire that he may merit a callup anyway if he continues to hit. He's still a defensive whiz and speedy and he seemingly could hardly hit worse than who they've had there so far this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      "I drool at the prospect of having a 100+ SB guy at the MLB level and I think he could do that. Would also score a ton of runs and it's looking like he wont hurt you in BA either."

I'm going to wait til he makes his AA debut before I start thinking he could ever do half that.

The chasm between what a contender could get for the dream of Hamilton and what he is more likely to become is as great as I've ever seen, in prospects. There have to be owners out there who know they can win a pennant with the bounty they get for Hamilton right now - but who will chase the rainbow a bit longer.

Cash in, you romantics.
      Cash in....
      Thanx for the response, Judge Jude.

Apparently, many dont share my roto valuation of Hamilton, which is fine. I wouldnt trade the farm for him, but I wouldnt do that for any other prospect either.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
        Thanx for the response, Judge Jude.

Apparently, many dont share my roto valuation of Hamilton, which is fine. I wouldnt trade the farm for him, but I wouldnt do that for any other prospect either.
        I traded a $25 Cargo (contract ending 2013) for Hamilton and a $4 Bonifacio (who I will extend 1-2 year at $5 per year). I hope the Hamilton hype gets even hotter. Hike up that trade value!!

Comment

rhd, I'm a big fan of your work, so many thanks.

I have a few guys in my system that didn't make your list that I'm curious if you could comment on?

Reese Havens 2B NYM
          Joe Panik SS SF
          Trayce Thompson OF CWS
          Marc Krauss OF AZ
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
            rhd, I'm a big fan of your work, so many thanks.

I have a few guys in my system that didn't make your list that I'm curious if you could comment on?

Reese Havens 2B NYM
            Joe Panik SS SF
            Trayce Thompson OF CWS
            Marc Krauss OF AZ
            Thanx for the response and the props, DMT.

I've just about given up on Havens. Guy just cant stay healthy. I dont hold out much hope.

Panik looks like a decent prospect, altho upside probably is limited to that of a MLB regular. He hasnt done particularly well this yr tho.

Trayce Thompson probably is your classic hi-upside, hi-risk prospect. Big time power potential and good speed but serious contact problems. Hang onto him in case he develops.

Krauss is having a decent season, but old for AA. I'm not too excited about him.

So I have them ranked, Panik, Thompson, Havens, Krauss. None of them is very close to making the list.

Comment

So I have them ranked, Panik, Thompson, Havens, Krauss. None of them is very close to making the list.
              Thanks! I'd say Krauss' seasons is better than decent (.955 OPS) but yea he's already 24.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

How many, if any, of your top 50 are peopling trade rumors? The deadline is approaching.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                  How many, if any, of your top 50 are peopling trade rumors? The deadline is approaching.

J
                  I think I heard something about Shelby Miller being shopped. He'd be the only one I've heard of. I assume you know about www.mlbtraderumors.com.

Comment

I think I heard something about Shelby Miller being shopped. He'd be the only one I've heard of. I assume you know about www.mlbtraderumors.com.
                    Yes I do.

My interest was more in the stack of Rangers SS, but some other tams have log jams as well. Also Nick Castellnos does not appear tohave a position, though I suppose they could DH one of their current CI.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Will Rutledge maintain a starting job in Colorado now that he's up, or is this just a temp thing until (if?) Tulo comes back in late August?

Comment

Originally posted by Flyman View Post
                        Will Rutledge maintain a starting job in Colorado now that he's up, or is this just a temp thing until (if?) Tulo comes back in late August?
                        Most likely just until Tulo returns. However, if Scutaro gets traded, it's possible he could play 2B. But he hadnt played above AA before his callup, so I doubt it.

Comment

Most likely just until Tulo returns. However, if Scutaro gets traded, it's possible he could play 2B. But he hadnt played above AA before his callup, so I doubt it.
                          That's pretty much what I figured, but I know the guys on BP hear a whole lot more than I do. Think he's worth picking up to hang onto for next year? I'm in 6th in my money league, and the gap between me and the final money spot is going to be tough to overcome, so I'm looking around at different prospects who might/will come up this year and end up with a starting position to start next year.

Btw, thanks for the work you put into this. Awesome job and very helpful.

Comment

What is the Wheeler vs Harvey dynamic? Are the Mets going to give both shots in the spring, or is Harvey getting first dibs?

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Spring? If Harvey pitches well tonight in AAA there's a really good chance he's making his major league debut Saturday vs the Dodgers and hopefully sticking in the rotation the rest of the season. Wheeler is most definitely ahead of Harvey in the stuff category, but a level behind in the minors. He had a complete game shutout yesterday and if Harvey gets the call to the big leagues Wheeler is no doubt going to be bumped up to AAA. From there he's a Chris Young injury away from making it to majors himself.

As for next years rotation alot is going to depend on the rest of this season obviously. If Harvey has some success right away that bodes well for him having the upper hand at a rotation spot. There's definitely room as Young won't be there and Gee is hardly a road block. There will probably be a spring battle between Harvey/Wheeler/Gee for the 2 open spots in the rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyman View Post
                                That's pretty much what I figured, but I know the guys on BP hear a whole lot more than I do. Think he's worth picking up to hang onto for next year? I'm in 6th in my money league, and the gap between me and the final money spot is going to be tough to overcome, so I'm looking around at different prospects who might/will come up this year and end up with a starting position to start next year.

Btw, thanks for the work you put into this. Awesome job and very helpful.
                                Thanx for the props, Flyman.

Well, it's possible Rutledge could compete for a starting 2B/3B spot next year. He seems to be doing OK in MLB so far (RBI and SB tonite).

Is it a mixed league? If so, Francisco Martinez is a possibility for a starting 3B spot next year. The power has disappeared this year but he has 22 SBs in 249 AB and his plate discipline has improved.

Comment

Working...
                                X