Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
    Also sticking at SS for now.
    He has center field attached to his future, bank on it.

Comment

He also legged out an inside-the-parker in 13.8s last night.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb...1906--mlb.html

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

110 down, 36 to go for the record

Comment

Any chance this kid gets a cup o' coffee this year and starts 2013 with Cincinnati?

Comment

Originally posted by Flyman View Post
            Any chance this kid gets a cup o' coffee this year and starts 2013 with Cincinnati?
            50/50

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              50/50
              Hmm. I'm thinking I may be out of the money this year, and BH is available on Yahoo. Wondering if he's worth picking up and taking up a bench spot for the remainder of the year in hopes that he does. Just have to decide if I think this season is over for me.

Comment

three more tonight. 29 games left and he needs 24 sb to break the record, but he's averaging a little under one per game in AA; he's on pace for exactly 146.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

BA now has a "BH tracker", listing how many SB he has, how many games left, and how many he'll get at his current pace. Entering today's play, he has 131 SB, w 24 games to play and is on a pace for 157.

Comment

Delino DeShields Jr.'s 83 steals would be pretty exciting in a year without Hamilton destroying the world. If he can keep up his current pace after his promotion to Lancaster, he will hit 100 steals on the nose.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I was curious what the minor-league leaderboard for steals looked like.

133 Billy Hamilton
                      83 Delino DeShields
                      77 Rico Noel
                      57 Theo Bowe
                      56 Freddy Guzman
                      51 Gilberto Mejia
                      50 Keenyn Walker
                      49 John Andreoli
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

sheesh. in the last week (not counting today's game), he had eight hits, six walks, and fourteen stolen bases.
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Tonite:

3-4 3B 2R 3RBI 3SB

Now 139 for the yr. In addition to breaking the season rcd, he seems likely to lead 2 separate leagues in SBs. BA says it is probably unprecedented to lead 2 leagues in a major offensive category in the same season. He has 35 SBs in the Southern League and trails the leader, Josh Prince, by 6, so he'll probably pass him soon. However, there is an outside chance that Rico Noel passes B-Ham for the Cal League SB title. Noel has 79 now, 25 behind Hamilton.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                            However, there is an outside chance that Rico Noel passes B-Ham for the Cal League SB title. Noel has 79 now, 25 behind Hamilton.
                            an important note: Rico Noel's real first name is Jablonski.

if you counted all of Hamilton's CS as outs (and took away the hits/walks that got him on base, going at about a 2:1 ratio since that's his hit to walk ratio overall) and added all the SB as extra bases on hits, he'd be hitting .268/.351/.694.

Comment

Any guesses on when Hamilton is called up to the majors? Does he have to be on the ML roster prior to 1 Sep to be eligible for post-season play?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by bendoski View Post
                                Any guesses on when Hamilton is called up to the majors? Does he have to be on the ML roster prior to 1 Sep to be eligible for post-season play?

Thanks in advance.
                                Yea, he'd have to be up prior to 9/1 to be eligible

Comment

Working...
                                X