Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steve jobs the epitome of evil

so glad he's dead.

it took long enough... and i was waiting. only for a few years tho.

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
    so glad he's dead.

it took long enough... and i was waiting. only for a few years tho.
    Still mad he stole your LSD?

Edit: Obviously not all of it.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

he was a liar. the man never took LSD in his life! heh

it's not that im against cell phones or anything. i hope im not. im just glad he's dead.

Comment

Never hire an otter if you want the work done right.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

So what are you against? iPods? iPads? Apples?

Comment

what im against is that everyone is making him out to be the Thomas Edison of the 21st century when in fact every idea he ever had was stolen. just like Edison i might add. 100 years from now ppl will be still praising him for being the father of small device computer communication.

so when i pass a book store and see his ****ing face on books, at least i know he's DEAD. so suck it Steve Jobs, you're DEAD. you're a liar who stole every idea you ever had. every product you ever sold was overpriced and 3/4ths of your workforce came from china... while the whole time you tried to say your. company was some hippy-feel good enterprise. and thats why your dead. leaving no charitable legacy except his own selfishness.

when Bill Gates talks about Steve Jobs accusations against him, he says "i broke into hewlett packard's house to steal windows, only to find that Steve Jobs had already broken in before me".

just like thomas edison. yet in the end both end up being gods. even tho they end up dead ones. so i just want him to enjoy being dead.
            Last edited by ; 04-26-2012, 12:06 AM.

Comment

weird for a minute there i couldn't log back in. Steve Jobs voices his displeasure from the grave? lol

it's not my fault the idiot didn't leave behind more than the most valuable company in the world.

Comment

Sorry ... this is completely retarded.

Comment

In some weird perverse nullnor-esque way, what nullnor says is somewhat true. It is true that Steve Jobs "stole" product ideas, but hell, back in those days everyone was raiding and if you didn't have first mover advantage, you were toast.

Apple does to a degree use technology that is no longer cutting edge. But the company's ability to fuse those less-than cutting edge tech into a functioning and aesthetically pleasing product allows them to charge fat profit margins.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of Steve Jobs either (though not celebrating his death), but the area that he really excelled in was marketing. He made Apple into a prestige product and turned their customers into fanatics. He created a marketing story about the company, as well as about himself. When you have people waiting in mile-long lines for every incremental update, you know you're doing something right.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                      what im against is that everyone is making him out to be the Thomas Edison of the 21st century when in fact every idea he ever had was stolen. just like Edison i might add. 100 years from now ppl will be still praising him
                      So what's the problem? Clearly we live in a society that will idolize thieves just like both Edison and Jobs. But perception is reality and people are sheep. This is all sh1t we already know. These are the same people that drink Blue Moon because its an "independent" craft brewery.

Show me a successful entrepreneur that hasn't stolen an idea somewhere along the line.

The idea for McDonald's - stolen.
                      The idea for Facebook - stolen.
                      The idea for Google - stolen.

The error is not in praising them, but in calling them inventors vs. entrepreneurs.
                      "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                      "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

I think the biggest fallacy here is the notion that ideas emerge in some sort of genius vacuum ... that and the use of the word "stolen". Steve jobs was a businessman, a brilliant calculated risk taker, who surrounded himself with brilliant designers and engineers (like Jonathan Ive).

Apple succeeded where others have failed, because of the original and high quality design and construction standards of their products, their ability to create commercials products that were far superior to anything else on the market, the realization that there was a large and growing market for these high-end products, and their amazing ability market these products to people who don't really need them ... not because Steve Jobs re-invented the wheel. They looked at established products, markets and formulas (mp3 players, laptops, desktops, touchscreen devices), and took them to the next level in terms of design, construction quality and operating standards. Pretty much everything they have made is among the best ever examples of that product.

This thread is just mean spirited BS.

Comment

Jobs broke the music distribution industry, and those were actually some evil bastards
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

It's not about "invention", it's about who was able to distribute it the best way and to the most people. C'mon Nullie, you should know this.

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                              So what's the problem? Clearly we live in a society that will idolize thieves just like both Edison and Jobs. But perception is reality and people are sheep. This is all sh1t we already know. These are the same people that drink Blue Moon because its an "independent" craft brewery.

Show me a successful entrepreneur that hasn't stolen an idea somewhere along the line.

The idea for McDonald's - stolen.
                              The idea for Facebook - stolen.
                              The idea for Google - stolen.

The error is not in praising them, but in calling them inventors vs. entrepreneurs.
                              Elvis was a hero to most, but he never meant sh!t to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X