if RJ posters could run the country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if RJ posters could run the country

i started to actually reply to the thread about "If I wanted America to fail" thread, but thought it was better in a separate thread.

if you could put the crew of RJ posters in prominent political positions, how would you do it?

you can either pick for success (in your view) or not so much (more like the current gridlock).

for instance, for gridlock, you might choose, say:

President - GITH
    VP - elD
    state - bhob
    treasury - oneJ
    HHS - rotorooter
    speaker - gregg
    senate majority leader - MJ
    justice - teenwolf
    defense - revo
    education - B-fly
    chief justice - lucky (no-brainer)
    anything - nullnor

not that they individually are ludicrous, because i think every one of them has proposed things that i agree with in their particular area, but the collection of them in those positions would be, well, interesting.

you get the picture.
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
    i started to actually reply to the thread about "If I wanted America to fail" thread, but thought it was better in a separate thread.

if you could put the crew of RJ posters in prominent political positions, how would you do it?

you can either pick for success (in your view) or not so much (more like the current gridlock).

President - GITH
    VP - elD
    state - bhob
    treasury - oneJ
    HHS - rotorooter
    speaker - gregg
    justice - teenwolf
    defense - revo
    education - B-fly
    anything - nullnor

not that they individually are ludicrous, because i think every one of them has proposed things that i agree with in their particular area, but the collection of them in those positions would be, well, interesting.

you get the picture.

I could never be President--I'm too smart and I'd bang all the interns. Plus I'd tell everyone the truth which would reduce my life expectancy to about 3 hours.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

President - GITH
      VP - elD
      state - bhob
      treasury - oneJ
      HHS - rotorooter
      speaker - gregg
      justice - teenwolf
      defense - revo
      education - B-fly
      anything - nullnor

you get the picture.
      Flattered as I am, where is chancellor and Judge Jude? I like that you put elD where he could do the least damage.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

President - GITH
        VP - elD
        state - bhob
        treasury - oneJ
        HHS - rotorooter
        speaker - gregg
        justice - teenwolf
        defense - revo
        education - B-fly
        anything - nullnor
        That's enough to get me to move to Belgium.
        "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
        "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

GITH would pull half of his own cabinet out of their trucks and beat them.

If I were staffing the country with RJ-ers, I'd go...

President - Kevin Seitzer
          VP - nakedricci
          State - Revo
          Treasury - Oakland A's
          HHS - InTheCorn
          Defense - Bhob
          Justice - umjewboy
          House Speaker - Jason
          Senate Majority Leader - Hornsby
          FCC - Fresno Bob
          National Archives - Mith
          Interior - nullnor
          Commerce - heyelander
          Press Secretary - BillBuckner
          Supreme Court - Lucky (Chief), B-Fly, senorsheep, Judge Jude, Jude Baldo, chancellor, elD, bryanbutler, TSGarp

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
            GITH would pull half of his own cabinet out of their trucks and beat them.

If I were staffing the country with RJ-ers, I'd go...

VP - nakedricci
            State - Revo
            Treasury - Oakland A's
            HHS - InTheCorn
            Defense - Bhob
            Justice - umjewboy
            House Speaker - Jason
            Senate Majority Leader - Hornsby
            FCC - Fresno Bob
            National Archives - Mith
            Interior - nullnor
            Commerce - heyelander
            Press Secretary - BillBuckner
            Supreme Court - Lucky (Chief), B-Fly, senorsheep, Judge Jude, Jude Baldo, chancellor, elD, bryanbutler, TSGarp
            No packing the Supreme Court with liberals, eh?

I'm psyched to get a position in the RJ government. Like GITH, I will also bang the interns.

Also, making copies in the National Archives will be soooooooo expensive with Mith in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewboy View Post
              No packing the Supreme Court with liberals, eh?
              It's not all liberals. I think that Court would occasionally issue a ruling that would surprise folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                That's enough to get me to move to Belgium.
                LOL. You just want to move to Belgium for the beer.

Comment

I'll start working on my dissents now...
                  "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                  "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                  "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

I'm not banging any interns, as head of the FCC, it's supermodels and actresses for me!
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                      I'll start working on my dissents now...
                      We would probably be on the opposing ends of decisions. Though I don't' think we disagree on much lol.

Comment

... If I were staffing the country with RJ-ers, I'd go...

State - Revo
                        Defense - Bhob
                        I'd want to be a fly on the wall for some of those closed door sessions ... like: "North Korea - potential partner or parking lot?"
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                          I'd want to be a fly on the wall for some of those closed door sessions ... like: "North Korea - potential partner or parking lot?"
                          We'e keeping you out of the session I hold Day Two of the Administration-- 54"40' Or Fight Renewed. Gotta keep you damned Canadian cartographers well away from that discussion...
                          "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                            We'e keeping you out of the session I hold Day Two of the Administration-- 54"40' Or Fight Renewed. Gotta keep you damned Canadian cartographers well away from that discussion...
                            Hey, I'll be busy plotting with virgonomic & wannabegriffey in the RJ Canadian Parliament. That "If I wanted the US to fail" video was a good first start, eh?
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                              Hey, I'll be busy plotting with virgonomic & wannabegriffey in the RJ Canadian Parliament. That "If I wanted the US to fail" video was a good first start, eh?
                              Dream on, Canuck. I already know the title of my memoirs-- The Point Roberts Affair-- and its first page begins with, "Most of those silly poutine eating bastards never even knew we already had a beach head and weren't canny enough to listen to the council of TranaGreg when he warned them about it." :P
                              "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Working...
                              X