Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jarrod Parker called up, will start Wed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jarrod Parker called up, will start Wed.

A's prospect SP Jarrod Parker will start in Oakland vs. Chicago on Wednesday. Both he and fellow prospect Brad Peacock have been excelling in AAA, but Parker gets the call first.

Do you activate him for this start? Or do you let him get his feet wet first?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
      Do you activate him for this start? Or do you let him get his feet wet first?
      I've activated him and am starting him. My belief is that I may as well capture as much value from him before they get the book on him. Plus he's pitching at O.co.

Comment

I am playing him too. But then again, I have some holes in my pitching lineup and am falling behind in W and Ks. I'm hoping he isn't the kind of pitcher that other teams "get the book on" but rather that he can come up in a low-pressure situation and only get better from there. I'm sure there will be some bumps in the road, but he looks like he has the potential to be a solid fantasy SP from the get-go.

Comment

I decided to start him in two leagues. Decent match-up, at home, could be a good outing.

Comment

Ok, I put him in my line up as well. Thanks guys for the heads up.

Comment

Saw Parker's start today and he's a strike thrower for sure. I think he gave up seven hits and thankfully his fast ball is a laser. He's also got a nice heavy change-up.

Comment

Thanks guys....that helped the ERA and WHIP....ok, not the WHIP as much....but a nice first start none the same.

Comment

Working...
                X