Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slow starts..any worries..

AL only, pitching is always tough--Becket and Ervin Santana have hurt. This league uses both Wins and W-L I'm 4-10 so far, my other starters have pitched OK without much to show for it: Morrow, Floyd, Duffy and Smyly...........the two 'closers' I own------NOT-----Thornton and Peralta.......gonna have to scramble there.
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Quote Originally Posted by B-Fly View Post
    In my mixed league, I need much, much more from Robbie Cano and Adam Wainwright. In my NL-only league, it's Mat Latos doing the most damage.
    Not sure what to expect from Wainwright. He was ok in spring training. Velocity is way off in the regular season though.

Quote Originally Posted by madducks View Post
    Bautista, Upton, and Braun. No worries there though as those guys are proven performers.

Hosmer is slumping since having a good opening series. Goldschmidt hasn't hit a home run since opening day. The younger guys i tend to worry about a little more. Goldschmidt a little more so since he is more of an all or nothing hitter. But, man does he get it all when he gets it all.
    Bautista, Upton, Braun, and Hosmer all homered Monday. They must have read my post.

jair #&$^#$%*&@&^# jurrjens. hell yes i'm worried. jesus.
    ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Quote Originally Posted by Cobain's Ghost View Post
    jair #&$^#$%*&@&^# jurrjens. hell yes i'm worried. jesus.
    You should be. He was sent to AAA.

Robinson Cano. I spend big bucks on a freaking Yankee and this is what I get.

Peter Bourjos. Can't seem to steal first base.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Major Leaguer
    Most of my studs are doing OK or better. Scherzer has been bad, but at least he's getting K's. Olivo, Raburn, Barajas have been terrible. Hardy, Francoeur, Callaspo, Rollins havent done much. Wainwright has been bad but last start was better. M Moore has been underwhelming, but I'm not worried yet. Aceves has been infuriating, but apparently he remains the closer for now.

My main problem has been injuries to C Young and Ellsbury.

Stanton is hurting me, but I'm not worried about him. Rollins is hurting me, but I'm not worried about him either. Ike Davis is killing me, and I am starting to get worried about him after giving him a 2 year extension in the offseason.

Rolen. I'm worried about him.