31. New England Patriots – Alameda Ta'amu, DT, Washington
    32. New York Giants – Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan St

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

there's no way Jeffrey is still a 1st rounder. National Football Post rates Jeffrey a 6.3 and has him as the #12 WR and 100th overall.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      there's no way Jeffrey is still a 1st rounder. National Football Post rates Jeffrey a 6.3 and has him as the #12 WR and 100th overall.
      That is a reasonable position. I think Wes does him some injustice there, but most people would put him behind Hill and Randle at least. However, Jeffery has an elite 2nd gear. He is not quick off the line, but really flies in the 10-20 yard region. With his size, that makes him a dangerous deep threat, which Cutler needs badly.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I will be shocked if the Steelers pass on Dont'a Hightower if he is there and if they do I would wager it is on an offensive lineman not a safety. We will see though soon enough.

Comment

Unless an incredible talent drops from the sky (ala Rodgers), there's no way the Packers pass on a OLB/3-4 pass rusher. They may trade down, but they'll get pass rush help for Clay M. early.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
            I will be shocked if the Steelers pass on Dont'a Hightower if he is there and if they do I would wager it is on an offensive lineman not a safety. We will see though soon enough.
            Konz was my 2nd choice. This is a case where great value also helps a future need. Barron is the best safety in this class, though he has off field issues. Troy P is not getting younger. I am not sold on Hightower this high. Kuechly yes.

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Unless an incredible talent drops from the sky (ala Rodgers), there's no way the Packers pass on a OLB/3-4 pass rusher. They may trade down, but they'll get pass rush help for Clay M. early.
            The problem with this is that the pass rush people in this draft have already gone, or have major issues. Do not, for example, let anyone tell you that Courtney Upshaw or Whitney Mercilus is a pass rusher. Upshaw is a 2 down run enforcer, that might get 7-8 sacks his best year. He is best served as the strong DE in a 1970s system. For Mercilus, I dont even have that much hope.

There is pass rush available after round 1, but there are no 3-4 OLB I would take in this part of the draft. If they want one, they will have to trade up for Ingram, or take a natural 4-3 DE like Perry. In rounds 2-3 they can take a stab at some smaller candidates like Bruce Irvin or Louis Nzegwu.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Too high for Martin
              agree with Revo on Jeffrey
              surprised you haven't dropped Poe like most
              I think there's no chance Baltimore take Fleener
              and I'm surprised you don't have Chandler Jones being taken. He's been moving into the first round in almost every source out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
                Too high for Martin
                agree with Revo on Jeffrey
                surprised you haven't dropped Poe like most
                I think there's no chance Baltimore take Fleener
                and I'm surprised you don't have Chandler Jones being taken. He's been moving into the first round in almost every source out there.
                I did drop Poe. He's clear down at #20.
                Chandler Jones is Rond 3 IMO. I would take Jake Bequette first. However, to make chancellor happy, there is a another fast riser that I could give the Pack: Shea McClellin, OLB, Boise State. He was a round three, but has risen fast enough you can mock him 1st round.

Why not Baltimore taking Fleener? I could have gone DB there as well.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                  I did drop Poe. He's clear down at #20.
                  Chandler Jones is Rond 3 IMO. I would take Jake Bequette first. However, to make chancellor happy, there is a another fast riser that I could give the Pack: Shea McClellin, OLB, Boise State. He was a round three, but has risen fast enough you can mock him 1st round.

Why not Baltimore taking Fleener? I could have gone DB there as well.

J
                  Word floating is that many if not all teams have been scared off Poe and it wouldn't be the least bit shocking to see him go on Day 2.

As for Jones, regardless what you think of him, do you really think he won't be taken until the 3rd round? I find it hard to believe.

As for Baltimore and Fleener, they have real needs and tight end isn't one of them. they spent two picks on Dickson and Pitta in 2010 and at least the former has started to pay dividends. Also for the same reason I don't think the Giants will actually draft Fleener (his lack of blocking) I don't think the Ravens will be on him.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    The problem with this is that the pass rush people in this draft have already gone, or have major issues. Do not, for example, let anyone tell you that Courtney Upshaw or Whitney Mercilus is a pass rusher. Upshaw is a 2 down run enforcer, that might get 7-8 sacks his best year. He is best served as the strong DE in a 1970s system. For Mercilus, I dont even have that much hope.
                    Having watched Mercilus play - and outright abuse some NFL caliber OTs who will get drafted pretty high - I think you're wrong about him.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I honestly don't see the Browns passing on Trent Richardson. They badly need a playmaker on offense.

And then at #22, I'd expect them to grab one of the remaining top WR's like Kendall Wright.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                        I honestly don't see the Browns passing on Trent Richardson. They badly need a playmaker on offense.

And then at #22, I'd expect them to grab one of the remaining top WR's like Kendall Wright.
                        I'd have to agree with Gris. If the Browns want to give Colt McCoy a chance to show them if he can be their franchise QB, they will have to get him some legitimate weapons. I don't think that there is any way that the go with 2 defensive players in the first round.

I see no chance that Mark Barron will last until the Steelers pick. He's a fast riser over the last couple of days and looks like he could be a top 10 pick.

I also echo the thoughts on Jeffery & Fleener. I don't expect Jeffery to be a 1st round pick. Also don't see why the Ravens would take Fleener with Dickson & Pitta already at TE.
                        14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
                        RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
                        WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
                        TE: Olsen (NA)
                        K: Lutz (7)
                        DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
                          I'd have to agree with Gris. If the Browns want to give Colt McCoy a chance to show them if he can be their franchise QB, they will have to get him some legitimate weapons. I don't think that there is any way that the go with 2 defensive players in the first round.

I see no chance that Mark Barron will last until the Steelers pick. He's a fast riser over the last couple of days and looks like he could be a top 10 pick.

I also echo the thoughts on Jeffery & Fleener. I don't expect Jeffery to be a 1st round pick. Also don't see why the Ravens would take Fleener with Dickson & Pitta already at TE.
                          yeah, not a chance they take Fleener.

Comment

Well the steelers got the player OJ had going to KC, so they are well on their way to one of the best drafts of the century.

Comment

Trent Richardson....great pick! Weeden? Sucks! Pick a top lineman or WR....pick Weeden in round 3! Geesh!

Comment

Working...
                              X