Draft Week Mock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by griswold View Post
    Trent Richardson....great pick! Weeden? Sucks! Pick a top lineman or WR....pick Weeden in round 3! Geesh!
    They wanted a wily veteran to help show Colt McCoy the ropes. What's that you say, Weeden is a 35 year old rookie? Oh, never mind.

Comment

Love the Weeden pick. Kid will be
      Very good and will start immediately.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Not only did Mercilus go in the first round, he didn't even make it to the Packers.

And I told you they'd take a pass rushing OLB... unk:
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Love the Weeden pick. Kid will be
          Very good and will start immediately.
          Talk this morning is colt will be traded for a draft pick so Weems seems to be the starter. Which makes sense if they are going to draft a 29 year old get him in the lineup ( seems like there was a lot of luck last year starting rookie QBs.

As far as WR & Linemen - Looks like enough have fallen that They could get a good player at # 37 (maybe even A LB)

Comment

Around pick #18, as the draft was nearing the Steelers pick at #23, I started a list of guys that I wanted the Steelers to get. My list was:

David DeCastro
            Riley Reiff
            Dont'a Hightower
            Cordy Glenn
            Kevin Zeitler (Badger homerism)

In the end, I was pretty happy that DeCastro fell to the Steelers. Keeping Big Ben upright should be priority #1. Now hopefully the Steelers can find some more OL help along with some defensive picks at DL, LB and CB.
            14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
            RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
            WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
            TE: Olsen (NA)
            K: Lutz (7)
            DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
              Trent Richardson....great pick! Weeden? Sucks! Pick a top lineman or WR....pick Weeden in round 3! Geesh!
              I think that the Browns planned to take Kendall Wright at pick #22 and then get Weeden in round 3. Once the Titans took Wright, the Browns decided they didn't want to risk losing Weeden. I fully expect them to take the best available WR with pick #37. Hang in there brother.
              14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
              RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
              WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
              TE: Olsen (NA)
              K: Lutz (7)
              DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Yeah, that's what I talked myself into as well....lol

I believe that Weeden would have made it to the 2nd rd as well...but who knows.

It was a crazy draft with all of the picks that were traded.

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
                  I think that the Browns planned to take Kendall Wright at pick #22 and then get Weeden in round 3. Once the Titans took Wright, the Browns decided they didn't want to risk losing Weeden. I fully expect them to take the best available WR with pick #37. Hang in there brother.
                  I had a feeling about Weeden. I am not surprised they took TR, but am a bit surprised they traded up to do it.

Cordy Glenn or Amini Sitolu at #37. They can take 2-3 WR in rounds 3-5 and restock the whole roster.

chancellor will be pleased that the Packers got the best pass rusher in this draft. He isnt pretty, but very effective.

I almost gave the G men a RB in my draft. I would have missed by one slot, since it would have been Martin

Word from the Chiefs is that Poe was not their first choice, possible not first three: Tannehill, Kuechly, Barron. They stayed put and took him, because it was a big drop to their next choice. RC says Poe was their top NT before the Combine.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I love what the Steelers have done with this draft! Decastro and Adams fill huge needs on the offensive line and they didn't have to move up to get them. Adams has boom or bust potential, but to get a guy that had a rd 1 grade late in rd 2 is wort it. Spence adds depth to an aging LB group, but he is probably the pick I am least excited about. Today they capped it off by moving up to get Ta'amu. Ta'amu will hopefully take over Casey Hampton in the future. I really like how this went, hopefully they can add a RB/DB/or WR in round 5.

Comment

Working...
                    X