Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Draft Week Mock

  1. #11
    All Star griswold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    1,318
    I honestly don't see the Browns passing on Trent Richardson. They badly need a playmaker on offense.

    And then at #22, I'd expect them to grab one of the remaining top WR's like Kendall Wright.
    Check out who the most consistent players in YOUR league. Consistency Report

  2. #12
    Major Leaguer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lodi, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by griswold View Post
    I honestly don't see the Browns passing on Trent Richardson. They badly need a playmaker on offense.

    And then at #22, I'd expect them to grab one of the remaining top WR's like Kendall Wright.
    I'd have to agree with Gris. If the Browns want to give Colt McCoy a chance to show them if he can be their franchise QB, they will have to get him some legitimate weapons. I don't think that there is any way that the go with 2 defensive players in the first round.

    I see no chance that Mark Barron will last until the Steelers pick. He's a fast riser over the last couple of days and looks like he could be a top 10 pick.

    I also echo the thoughts on Jeffery & Fleener. I don't expect Jeffery to be a 1st round pick. Also don't see why the Ravens would take Fleener with Dickson & Pitta already at TE.

  3. #13
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    9,513
    Quote Originally Posted by jwlincy View Post
    I'd have to agree with Gris. If the Browns want to give Colt McCoy a chance to show them if he can be their franchise QB, they will have to get him some legitimate weapons. I don't think that there is any way that the go with 2 defensive players in the first round.

    I see no chance that Mark Barron will last until the Steelers pick. He's a fast riser over the last couple of days and looks like he could be a top 10 pick.

    I also echo the thoughts on Jeffery & Fleener. I don't expect Jeffery to be a 1st round pick. Also don't see why the Ravens would take Fleener with Dickson & Pitta already at TE.
    yeah, not a chance they take Fleener.

  4. #14
    All Star frae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,155
    Well the steelers got the player OJ had going to KC, so they are well on their way to one of the best drafts of the century.
    If you fail to plan you plan to fail

    12TO Champion 2007 2008 and 2010

    Pittsburgh Proud

    So when you try to hurl the word 'liberal' at my feet, as if it were dirty, something to run away from, something that I should be ashamed of, it won't work, because I will pick up that label and wear it as a badge of honor.

  5. #15
    All Star griswold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    1,318
    Trent Richardson....great pick! Weeden? Sucks! Pick a top lineman or WR....pick Weeden in round 3! Geesh!
    Check out who the most consistent players in YOUR league. Consistency Report

  6. #16
    Major Leaguer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by griswold View Post
    Trent Richardson....great pick! Weeden? Sucks! Pick a top lineman or WR....pick Weeden in round 3! Geesh!
    They wanted a wily veteran to help show Colt McCoy the ropes. What's that you say, Weeden is a 35 year old rookie? Oh, never mind.

  7. #17
    All Star Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    at the right hand of the Father
    Posts
    3,291
    Love the Weeden pick. Kid will be
    Very good and will start immediately.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

  8. #18
    Not only did Mercilus go in the first round, he didn't even make it to the Packers.

    And I told you they'd take a pass rushing OLB... unk:
    “Benghazi matters because it was and is a matter of national honor. And the men and women currently in charge in Washington have no honor...Honorable people do not fail to mobilize the formidable resources of the American military, even if it might not be possible for them to get there in time."

    - Michael Walsh

  9. #19
    Major Leaguer hacko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Wadsworth , OHIO
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Love the Weeden pick. Kid will be
    Very good and will start immediately.
    Talk this morning is colt will be traded for a draft pick so Weems seems to be the starter. Which makes sense if they are going to draft a 29 year old get him in the lineup ( seems like there was a lot of luck last year starting rookie QBs.

    As far as WR & Linemen - Looks like enough have fallen that They could get a good player at # 37 (maybe even A LB)

  10. #20
    Major Leaguer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lodi, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    885
    Around pick #18, as the draft was nearing the Steelers pick at #23, I started a list of guys that I wanted the Steelers to get. My list was:

    David DeCastro
    Riley Reiff
    Dont'a Hightower
    Cordy Glenn
    Kevin Zeitler (Badger homerism)

    In the end, I was pretty happy that DeCastro fell to the Steelers. Keeping Big Ben upright should be priority #1. Now hopefully the Steelers can find some more OL help along with some defensive picks at DL, LB and CB.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •