Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Long John View Post
    Update:

I've added a sheet in the workbook to keep track of the Knockouts (see "KO" tab). I've also created a formula so that a player will be listed as "KO'd" in the hit_car and pit_car sheets. The KO sheet shows the player, eligible positions and eligible decades. This will allow you to see if a player selected for KO still has eligibility in a restricted decade.
    Cool, but how did we input a KO into the spreadsheet? I tried pasting the player ID into the KO sheet but that didn't work.

ETA: Ok, never mind, it works after you enter the pick number on the KO sheet.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Re-post in case you aren't reading the Commentary thread. And if you aren't, why are you VDing?

SS is updated through 11.13.

I've also made a couple of updates.
      -The hit_seas and pit_seas sheets now show players that have been KO'd, but will not show them as KO'd for years that are not eligible.
      -The dash sheet shows the number of KOs each drafter has made so far. (I put it at the bottom.)

If you are updating this version on your own, copy and paste the drafter in the "KO'd by" column. This will allow the count in the dash sheet to continue to be accurate. I'm sure there's a lookup formula of some kind to automatically generate the pick and drafter, but I'm not that savvy enough in Excel to figure that out.
      "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
      "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Is the "POS" sheet on the SS working 100%?

My line says I have 0 catchers when I actually have both slots filled.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          Is the "POS" sheet on the SS working 100%?

My line says I have 0 catchers when I actually have both slots filled.
          Note: this may not apply to you, as I'm working with an earlier version, but...

In my version I have to manually set how the hitters apply within each person's list. You get a red flag for any incomplete list. It's pretty easy to fill them out.
          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
            Note: this may not apply to you, as I'm working with an earlier version, but...

In my version I have to manually set how the hitters apply within each person's list. You get a red flag for any incomplete list. It's pretty easy to fill them out.
            I normally keep the teams filled in on my own SS, but I've been too busy this time. I really don't know how a lot of the Zsheet normally works. The individual table with my team positions is correct, but to collated league table is incorrect. I'll probably get around to manually inputting the teams at some point.

Comment

Yes, you always have to input the positions for each team on that tab
              I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
              You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
              "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
              It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

I update the "pos" tab once a round. It's updated through my 13.07 pick.

Comment

Hi guys,

I just got a chance to check in now, after 11pm. Pretty tired and no energy to update my sheets properly.

I'll endeavour to get the picks up in the morning, but, if you don't see a pick by 10am EST just skip me. Hate to do it ... I don't want to hold up the draft.

Long John - if by chance you update the spreadsheet again to include all the picks since the last update this will save me a few minutes. No worries if not. I love that you are sharing the updated sheet so much. It takes time to update my sheet and I really appreciate getting to DL a new version @ the turn each round. Thank you.

Comment

LJ: if you want the #H and #P columns on the career standings pages to be correct, you can just replace whatever's there with =$dec.R3 etc.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

They appear to be correct to me already. Did I miss something?

Comment

hm. maybe it's a problem with OpenOffice? For me the #H column is always equal to the number of drafted players and the #P column is 0.
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                        X