No announcement yet.

Rolling Stones draft thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11.10 Sister Morphine (Sticky Fingers 1971)

just so it doesn't get snaked from me
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• 12.01 Almost Hear You Sigh (Steel Wheels, 1989)

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Only heard it a couple times but it's a good little rocker.

12.05 - Dancing In the Light (Exile on Main Street bonus disc, recorded 1972, released 2010)

Last edited by DMT; 03-21-2012, 03:41 PM.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          12.05 - Love In Vain (Let It Bleed, 1969)

Taken by me at 8.01

Comment

• 12.06 Time Waits for No One

Comment

• Apparently recorded during the Sticky Fingers sessions (but I read elsewhere the Exile sessions) ... not a lot of info about this little gem. For more details about this track, refer to Erik's post in the Discussion thread

Can't believe they couldn't squeeze this in somewhere. Nice jam-out at the end ... Mick Taylor is just effortless ... can't believe they treated him so badly.

12.07 A Traveling Man

Comment

• Take a listen to Mick Taylor on my last pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  Take a listen to Mick Taylor on my last pick.
                  I think Time Waits for No One was picked at 4.08.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                    I think Time Waits for No One was picked at 4.08.
                    Oops. Went throught the list twice.

New pick coming up.

Comment

• 12.06 I Wanna Be Your Man

Comment

• Let's kick it old school for my last pick. Nothing special, but I do like the shimmery guitars:

12.08 - "Empty Heart" (12x5, 1964)

Comment

• The Stones didn't release that many cover songs as singles after the mid-60s, at least not as the first single. This was one, though. Lots of great and not-so-great artists had recorded it, including the original Bob & Earl in 1963, Booker T & the MGs, John Fred and the Playboys, Roy Head, and The Righteous Brothers. Even Johnny and Edgar Winter cut a version. The Stones made a pretty big hit out of it, with Bobby Womack helping out with the backing vocals.

12.09 Harlem Shuffle (Dirty Work, 1986)

Comment

• 12.10 - Child Of The Moon (Recorded in 1967 during the Satanic Majesties sessions, released in 1968 as the B-side of Jumpin' Jack Flash)

Nice promo video... :toasted:

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                              With the release of the Exile bonus disc, this is now probably their greatest unreleased song. Recorded during the Goat's Head Soup sessions in late 1972, it is better than at least half of the tracks that made it on the album.

12.02 Criss Cross Man (unreleased, recorded in 1972)

This one is getting an official release! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFXT...M7gF3miO62Lrxg
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Keith Richards turned 78 today.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X