Rolling Stones draft thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.05 Ruby Tuesday (Single, 1967)

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

2.05 - Wild Horses

Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Mick Taylor and Jim Dickinson are listening to a recording of their Song Wild Horses. Taken from the documentary ...

Comment

Wild horses was my pick! grrrr

Sticky Fingers run ...

2.06 Brown Sugar

Comment

Love Angie and Ruby Tuesday. Monkey Man is ok. Not a big fan of Wild Horses..
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I'll slip in a more popular choice before sticking with my favorites:

2.08 - "Street Fighting Man" (Beggars Banquet, 1968)

Comment

I've always believed that many of the best Stones songs were not released as singles, especially some that would not have been radio friendly. This is one of them. Seven plus minutes of great music which always puts me in a better mood. Great sax work, great guitar work by Mick Taylor.

2.09 Can't You Hear Me Knocking (Sticky Fingers, 1971)

Comment

The two popular favorites from Exile On Main Street are gone, so I'll take my two personal favorites from that record...

2.10 - Loving Cup (Exile On Main Street, 1972)

Nicky Hopkins' playing on this track is an all-time great rock piano performance. The horn arrangement on this one is brilliant, too - I love how they build it up little by little, verse by verse, closing with that awesome, seedy groove in the outro.

3.01 - Sweet Virginia (Exile On Main Street, 1972)

A simple boozy track that I never tire of. I love Keith Richards' roller coaster acoustic picking when he plays this one live.

Last edited by senorsheep; 03-11-2012, 10:50 PM.
                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Now, this is very important...the version I am picking is the live version which appeared on "Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out" and later on Hot Rocks. This is for a couple of reasons. The live version is amazing, but the studio version sucks swamp water.

3.02 Midnight Rambler

And a pretty good version from 1971.

Last edited by ; 03-12-2012, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Dang, a couple great picks by sheep that were on my radar. Guess I'll go with one of their peppiest songs that absolutely pumps me up every time I hear it.

3.03 - "Hang Fire" (Tattoo You, 1981)

Last edited by overkill94; 03-12-2012, 01:06 PM.

Comment

The 5th pick from Exile ... but my favorite from the record.

3.04 Shine A Light Exile On Main Street 1972

Comment

3.05- Under My Thumb

Comment

3.06 Start Me Up (Tattoo You, 1981)

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

For mith:

3.07 Before They Make Me Run

- Terence McKenna

Comment

3.08.....Shattered (1978)

Comment

3.09 Moonlight Mile (Sticky Fingers, 1971)

A masterpiece.

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X