No announcement yet.

*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommy Bond was born about 50 miles away from were my father's family would have lived around this time (1856). They were forced to move north during the Irish Civil War (early 1920's).

Comment

• Is there a place that lists the changes on BR.com?
      I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• My strategy isn't working nearly as well as I had hoped.

And I'm really annoyed at myself for not taking into account other decades that Bernie Williams could have been taken in. I took Eppa Rixey this round because there were 3 other teams that needed a 1910s pitcher and they were all ahead of me.
        Last edited by Long John; 05-04-2012, 11:43 AM.
        "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
        "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
          Is there a place that lists the changes on BR.com?
          Not that I know of...I just looked at them under the assumption that since some of the other players taken who played very early on had stat line changes, that others might have also. I was really bored last night and couldn't sleep.
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
            My draft was doomed from the beginning when I'd forgotten that we'd agreed to go to multiplicative scoring. This will be my worst finish in a while, I'd guess.
            I wouldn't call top 5 a bad finish ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
              My strategy is working nearly as well as I had hoped.

And I'm really annoyed at myself for not taking into account other decades that Bernie Williams could have been taken in. I took Eppa Rixey this round because there were 3 other teams that needed a 1910s pitcher and they were all ahead of me.
              Let me annoy you more. I have 27 pitchers I'm considering for my 1910s slot, was 29 before the round started. Pfiester and Ruth were both on the LONG list...Rixey never was. I don't know about the other two, but you could have waited on Rixey.

But I know your pain...Pfiester was one of the favorites on my list...and I didn't consider the idea he could be taken in other decades.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Considering my re-pick in the first round, almost no prep time, the side of the confusion of KOs I fell on (which set my draft strategy and was ripped away once the issue was settled), and my long hiatus from Vintage Drafting....I'm just hoping for a top 10 finish.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Dude, there is no way.
                  Just going by my projections, which to be fair I haven't optimized in a couple of days (apart from switching picks etc) ... I have you leading a pack of 3/4 for that 5th slot ... and about 5 points back of 4th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                    Let me annoy you more. I have 27 pitchers I'm considering for my 1910s slot, was 29 before the round started. Pfiester and Ruth were both on the LONG list...Rixey never was. I don't know about the other two, but you could have waited on Rixey.

But I know your pain...Pfiester was one of the favorites on my list...and I didn't consider the idea he could be taken in other decades.
                    That doesn't annoy me nearly as much because I didn't think anyone else would be able to absorb Rixey's career WHIP and ERA numbers like I could. Still, I feared someone would jump on the best career combo of Wins/Ks left in that decade. And Rixey gives me the best possible finish based on who's left.
                    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Possible sighting

Comment

• Nope ... false intel

Comment

• Comment

• Still no love for Albert Belle ... what has this poor guy done to piss us off. If he can't get picked in a deep KO draft, where his decade got hammered the hardest, then he has no chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              Still no love for Albert Belle ... what has this poor guy done to piss us off. If he can't get picked in a deep KO draft, where his decade got hammered the hardest, then he has no chance.

He got KO'd way back.

Comment

• By the way, can you not embed videos in here anymore? If you could, I assume you would have posted this instead (NSFW) --

Claire Danes rocks it hard here in the best scene of the best dramatic series of 2010. Homeland is the best thing that Showtime has ever done, by a mile.

Comment

Working...
                                X