... and it does not appear to have been edited

In the history thread:
    1.15 Nap Lajoie 2B 1910 (Heyelander)
    ...and later on...
    19.15 Jimmy Williams 2B/3B 1901

Unless I'm mistaken, it really looks like Heye got totally screwed over
    Wow. That seems pretty unfair for Heye.

Comment

• Well, there's a lesson to be learned here. When it comes to VD, don't trust Johnny.

:biggrin:
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
        Wow. That seems pretty unfair for Heye.
        it's not like it's the difference between my first win and continued obscurity. I won't miss much sleep over it.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• We won't be starting the new VD for about 4 weeks or so ... so please register interest in the VD 3 thread, and keep in touch. I'll start posting polls next week sometime. The first post of the thread will contain a summary of the discussion ... I'll try and keep it updated.

If you have any ideas about the next draft, you can propose them in the thread ... then I'll add them to the poll options. Don't be shy ... I'm looking at you Pogues.

I won't add anything to the polls that doesn't at least have a second ... we can't include everything with such a small sample.

Comment

• For the records, do we keep the final scores / order with the 1910 or the 1901 pick?

We probably should change the 1910 pick to 1901, because the Lajoie 1910 year was never selected. That would reverse Feral and ElDiablo's final position. It would also seem unfair to punish Heyelander for making an illegal pick when everyone missed it, but also unfair to mjl who will now get the wooden spoon.

I'll take a * if we give Heyelander the honorary wooden spoon

Comment

• I knew I was close to 1,000, but did not realize I had passed it. I apologize to the Amish...

Last edited by frae; 08-12-2012, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• The lady looks sympathetic ... not sure the guy understands.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                  We won't be starting the new VD for about 4 weeks or so ... so please register interest in the VD 3 thread, and keep in touch. I'll start posting polls next week sometime. The first post of the thread will contain a summary of the discussion ... I'll try and keep it updated.

If you have any ideas about the next draft, you can propose them in the thread ... then I'll add them to the poll options. Don't be shy ... I'm looking at you Pogues.

I won't add anything to the polls that doesn't at least have a second ... we can't include everything with such a small sample.
                  My fantasy football team sucks, I'm already out of the football survivor pool, I'm tired of Obama, I'm tired of Romney, Baseball season is nearly over, and my taxes are nearly done. Is it time to start thinking about another Vintage Draft ?
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    My fantasy football team sucks, I'm already out of the football survivor pool, I'm tired of Obama, I'm tired of Romney, Baseball season is nearly over, and my taxes are nearly done. Is it time to start thinking about another Vintage Draft ?
                    I think the Phillies Tragic number is 2. then I'm in.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      I think the Phillies Tragic number is 2. then I'm in.
                      For some reason this post got me thinking about the Phillies. I've seen 2 of their games live, one was this one

Philadelphia Phillies beat Chicago Cubs (11-2). Jun 14, 1984, Attendance: 23373, Time of Game: 2:23. Visit Baseball-Reference.com for the complete box score, play-by-play, and win probability

Nice to see Carlton and Schmidt at Wrigley.

The other was a 1993 World Series game. It was the night before the highest scoring WS game in history. It was rain delayed and the Phillies stunk it up that night. My wife is still mad at me that I didn't tell her it was outdoors (she was used to the Kingdome). Oh Well
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        I'm in and can probably convince a friend to join if we're short of people here. Can someone email me if it gets up and running (which I hope it does)?

Comment

• whenever...

Comment

• not my fault.

Comment

• Shall we? I will have a bit more time on my hands over the next few weeks. Can start putting the polls up this week.

The new fathers should be smoothly moving into reduced-sleep-mode by now.
                              Last edited by johnnya24; 10-25-2012, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X