No announcement yet.

Football In Memoriam thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Minnesota Vikings kicker Fred Cox, who was also the co-inventor of the Nerf football, died Wednesday at age 80. RIP.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• 1971 Heisman Trophy winning QB Pat Sullivan died at age 69. RIP.

Comment

• Vaughan Johnson, a member of the New Orleans Saints' "Dome Patrol" linebacking corps from 1986-1993, died at age 57. RIP.

Comment

• Former Bengals player and head coach Sam Wyche died from melanoma at age 74.

Comment

• Rusty Hilger, a backup QB for the Lions, Raiders and Colts from 1985 to 1991, died at age 57.

Comment

• Hall of Fame DE Chris Doleman died from brain cancer yesterday at age 58. RIP.

Comment

• Willie Wood, Hall of Fame safety for the Green Bay Packers, died Monday. He was 83. RIP.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Hall of Fame DE Chris Doleman died from brain cancer yesterday at age 58. RIP.

I remember the Vikings pass rush back then. Scary, but the 49ers shrugged it off. Before the Super Bowl, the Broncos DC was talking about getting pressure on Montana. I thought, "You're crazy. The Vikings almost set a sack record and they couldn't do it. Who are you?" Sure enough: SF 55 - Denver 10.

J
                  Last edited by onejayhawk; 02-13-2020, 07:45 PM.
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Former Colts & Seahawks safety Nesby Glasgow died from stomach cancer at age 62. RIP.

Former Cardinals DT Rush Brown died at age 65. RIP

Comment

• Tom Dempsey, the near-mythical figure who kicked the longest FG is NFL history, a 63-yard effort in November 1970, and held the record for 43 long years, died at age 73 due to coronavirus. RIP.

Benny Malone, a RB for the Dolphins and Redskins from 1974-1979, died at age 66. RIP.

Comment

• Bobby Mitchell, a Hall of Fame WR for the Browns and Redskins in the 1960s, died at age 84. RIP.

Comment

• Timmy Brown, a RB for the Eagles who was inducted into their HOF, and who then afterwards began a career as an actor, appearing as surgeon Capt. "Spearchucker" Jones in Season 1 on "M*A*S*H," died at age 82. RIP.

Comment

• Tarvaris Jackson, the former QB for the Vikings and Seahawks from 2006-2015, died in a car accident at age 36. RIP.

Comment

• Packers Hall of Fame DE Willie Davis died at age 85. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Packers Hall of Fame DE Willie Davis died at age 85. RIP.
                                He was the greatest of the defensive players from the Packers run in the '60s, despite all the ink Willie Wood, Nitschke, and Adderly received.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X