Football In Memoriam thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommy McDonald, Hall of Fame WR for the Eagles, died at age 84:

Wes Hopkins, who played 10 years at free safety for the Eagles, died at age 57.

Comment

• Jim Taylor, Hall of Fame fullback, 5x Pro Bowler, and Packer legend, died at age 83. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Jim Taylor, Hall of Fame fullback, 5x Pro Bowler, and Packer legend, died at age 83. RIP.

“Jim Brown will give you that leg (to tackle) and then take it away from you,” Lombardi said. “Jim Taylor will give it to you and then ram it through your chest.”

Comment

• Former Jaguars OG Vince Manuwai died at the age of 38 years old on Sunday. Manuwai was a third-round pick at No. 72 overall by the Jaguars in the 2003 draft and played all eight of his pro seasons in Jacksonville, starting 105 games. A power-blocking left guard, Manuwai is arguably the best player to ever come out of the University of Hawaii. He collapsed while moving his family into an apartment. Manuwai is survived by six children.

Comment

• Former Detroit Lions running back Wally Triplett, the first African American player to play for an NFL team after getting drafted, died Thursday. He was 92. RIP.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Jack Patera, the first head coach (1976-1982) for the Seattle Seahawks, died at age 85.

Comment

• Texans owner Bob McNair died of skin cancer at age 81. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Texans owner Bob McNair died of skin cancer at age 81. RIP.
                  Do not mess with melanoma. I’ve already lost one friend to melanoma that metastasized to his brain, and it was horrible.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    Do not mess with melanoma. I’ve already lost one friend to melanoma that metastasized to his brain, and it was horrible.
                    Had a melanoma growth removed from my eye in 2008. Luckily, my vision was not affected since i caught it early. Still have a light pink scar on the white of my eye though. Been getting checked and tested every year since.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      had a close work colleague who, as Irish as me, lost a son to this at age 17.

I never spend OT in the sun anymore, but get the annual checkup for earlier sins. a decent dermatologist can spot it a mile away.
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Former Rams All-Pro LB Isiah Robertson was killed when a limo he was driving skidded off a rain-slicked highway. He was 69. RIP.

Comment

• Former Falcons All-Pro offensive lineman, #2 pick in the 1985 NFL Draft, and Wrestlemania 2 participant Bill Fralic died of cancer at age 56. RIP.

Comment

• Former Dolphins All-Pro OL Bob Kuechenberg, who was a 6-time Pro Bowler and played on the 1972 perfect team, died at age 71. RIP.

Comment

• Longtime Bengals backup QB Turk Schonert died at age 62. RIP.

Comment

• These old time cards are just classic design!
                                "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                                - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                                - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Working...
                                X