No announcement yet.

Football In Memoriam thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colts linebacking great Mike Curtis died at age 77. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Colts linebacking great Mike Curtis died at age 77. RIP.
      Aw, man. One of my favorite non-Cowboys player. Didn't he tackle an idiot that ran onto the field once?

Yep. Found it:

“There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Don Shula, one of the greatest coaches of all time, died at age 90. RIP.

Ryan Wetnight, a TE for the Chicago Bears from 1993-2000, died at age 49. RIP.

Comment

• Earl Thomas came perilously close to being added to this list.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Former Bears chairman of the board Michael McCaskey died from cancer at age 76.

All Pro strong safety Joe Beauchamp, who spent his entire 10-year career with the Chargers, died at age 76.

Comment

• Legendary Auburn University football coach Pat Dye has died at age 80. RIP.

Comment

Legendary Auburn University football coach Pat Dye has died at age 80. RIP.
                "How long will it take you to beat Alabama?"

Pat Dye: "60 minutes".
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Another legendary college coach, Johnny Majors, died at age 85. RIP.

Comment

• Reche Caldwell, a WR for the Chargers & Patriots from 2002-2007, was shot and killed outside his home in Tampa, FL at age 41. RIP.

Ken Riley, an All-Pro cornerback with the Cincinnati Bengals from 1969-1983, died at age 72. RIP.

Comment

Another legendary college coach, Johnny Majors, died at age 85. RIP.
                      I never knew that Johnny Majors finished second in the voting for the Heisman Trophy in 1956. Paul Hornung won that year. Majors was a standout halfback at the University of Tennessee, an All-American in 1956, and a two-time winner of the Southeastern Conference Most Valuable Player award, in 1955 and 1956.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• John Zook, a DE for the Falcons & Cardinals from 1969 until 1979, died at age 72. RIP.

Comment

• Jim Kiick, a RB primarily for the Miami Dolphins who had a pro career from 1969-1977 and who played on the 1972 undefeated team, died at age 73. RIP.

Comment

• Former Chargers & Cardinals center Max Tuerk died at age 26 after collapsing while on a hike. RIP.

Comment

• Former Oklahoma Sooners HC John Blake died at age 59. RIP.

Comment

Former Oklahoma Sooners HC John Blake died at age 59. RIP.
                                Dang. I met him when I toured OU while looking at colleges to attend. He was so young.

Comment

Working...
                                X