Football In Memoriam thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Don Maynard, Jets HOF receiver, passed away today at age 86. RIP.

18.7 yards/reception for his career. Three years in a row with 20 or more yards/reception.

In his last year, which was with the Cardinals, Maynard played with a 22-year old Terry Metcalf and a 24-year old Ahmad Rashad.
    growing up in the 70's he was one of the few legendary guys from the 60's that I knew. Didn't realize he played with Metcalf and Rashad.
    Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 01-11-2022, 12:41 AM.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Don Maynard, Jets HOF receiver, passed away today at age 86. RIP.

18.7 yards/reception for his career. Three years in a row with 20 or more yards/reception.

In his last year, which was with the Cardinals, Maynard played with a 22-year old Terry Metcalf and a 24-year old Ahmad Rashad.
      He was also drafted, then released, by the NY Giants

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        He was also drafted, then released, by the NY Giants
        I knew Gettleman was bad, but I didn’t realize he cut Maynard too! How did he keep that job for so long?

Comment

• Charley Taylor, Redskins HOF RB/WR, has died at the age of 80. RIP.

Last edited by madducks; 02-20-2022, 12:52 AM.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Ken Burrough, longtime receiver for the Houston Oilers, died at age 73. RIP.

Comment

• Lionel “Little Train” James, a RB for the Chargers from 1984-1988, died at age 59. RIP.

Comment

• Shane Olivea, an OT who played 4 years in the NFL for the Chargers and Giants, died at age 40. RIP.

Comment

• Johnny Grier, the NFL's 1st black referee, died at age 74. RIP.

Comment

• John Clayton, the great ESPN football insider, has died at age 67. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        John Clayton, the great ESPN football insider, has died at age 67. RIP.
                        Super bummer. RIP.

More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Cowboys Hall of Fame offensive tackle Rayfield Wright died at age 76. RIP.

Comment

• The Mad Bomber Daryle Lamonica passes away at 80. While no longer a big NFL fan I was a huge Raider fan back around that time when Daryle and then Stabler ran the Raiders.

Comment

• Former 2x 1,000yd RB Gary Brown died at age 52 from cancer. RIP.

Comment

• Jeff Gladney, a CB with the Arizona Cardinals, who was taken with the 31st pick in the 2020 NFL Draft by the Minnesota Vikings, was killed in a car accident at age 25. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                                X